- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Level HEW 9 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working
The Manager, Philanthropy (Trusts and Foundations) is a senior role within the RMIT Philanthropy team. This role will work with the Associate Director, Philanthropy to deliver the philanthropy strategy and build upon the capacity and involvement of RMIT staff to drive philanthropic outcomes. The Manager, Philanthropy (Trusts & Foundations) will oversee the development of a strong pipeline, identify and engage prospective donors, build relationships and raise philanthropic funds to support the University’s vision and strategy, and drive the formulation and execution of targeted fundraising and donor engagement plans. The role also involves working with senior executives, academics and professional colleagues and uplifting their capacity to be effective in philanthropic activity. The Manager, Philanthropy will serve as a source of advice and guidance in fundraising at RMIT, helping to build enterprise-wide understanding and expertise around fundraising and how philanthropy relates to, and enhances the University.
To be successful in this position, you’ll have as a minimum:
- Highly motivated and pro-active with a minimum of 5 years of experience and a proven track record in fundraising within a major organisation, including cultivation, gift closing and stewardship.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills with the ability to work effectively with Portfolio staff, academics, administrators and students as well as potential donors.
- Strong track record and proven ability to engage and develop team capability to achieve stretch objectives.
- High degree of computer literacy including databases.
- Strong diagnostic /analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to develop innovative and creative solutions
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the Portfolio
The International and Engagement group is led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor International & Engagement and Vice President, and consists of the following portfolios:
• RMIT Vietnam
• RMIT Europe
• University Communications
• Experience (Global Student Recruitment; Global Marketing and Regional Hubs; Market Intelligence & Propositions; Digital & Experience)
• Business Development, Philanthropy, RMIT Culture
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link at the top of this page.
For further information about this position, please see the Position Description hyperlinked below or contact Larisa Ahadi via email [email protected] .
Position Description - Manager, Philanthropy
7 Dec 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Isla n der community.
At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with disability to apply to RMIT. To discuss adjustment requirements, please contact Kassie (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor), via [email protected] or visit our Careers page for more contact information - https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers .
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Senior Coordinator, Research Proposals, RMIT UNIVERSITY, Australia, 19 days ago
8 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company RMIT UNIVERSITY Research Field History Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Australia Application Deadline 15 Feb 2024 - 00:00 (UTC) T...
Senior Philanthropy Manager, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Prime opportunity to support the Philanthropy Unit HEW 9, Permanent and full-time position in a central Hawthorn location Staff benefits include discounted study fees and options for hybrid work A...
Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor, Management And Executive Mba Director, RMIT UNIVERSITY, Australia, 3 days ago
24 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company RMIT UNIVERSITY Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Appl...
Director, Principal G Ifts, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 3 hours ago
• University of Melbourne Advancement • Leadership role in principal gift fundraising • Be part of a new ambitious growth strategy About the organisation The University of Melbou...
Senior Lecturer And Associate Professor, Accounting, RMIT UNIVERSITY, Australia, 28 days ago
30 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company RMIT UNIVERSITY Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Application De...
Director Of Philanthropy Feit, University of Melbourne, Australia, 1 day ago
• University of Melbourne Advancement • Leadership role in major gift fundraising • Ambitious growth agenda About the organisation The University of Melbourne (UoM) is Australia’...