Work type:full time
- A unique opportunity to drive strategic outcomes through ServiceNow ownership
- Member of a highly motivated and aligned IT Service Delivery Leadership Team
- Accountabilities across ITIL, Continuous Improvement and Service Desk
- Full-time appointment on an ongoing basis
- Base salary range: Level 10.1 $133,503 – $141,478 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
UWA is making significant investments in the Information and Technology Services to enable its strategic direction and goals. UWA is also looking to utilise technology advancements to expand its services and create new and innovative teaching and research models.
The redesign of the IT Services Delivery aims to realign the teams in centres geographically located in three critical mass services centres.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the University IT Service desk ensuring efficient and effective delivery of IT support services to End-Users. You will ensure the quality and effectiveness of the IT services are to the agreed service levels through monitoring performance, identifying and implementing ways to continuously improve the IT services. You will develop and implement fit for purpose processes aligned to the IT Service Delivery portfolio. Maintain a holistic view of IT Service Delivery, You will work with your peers and the Associate Director, IT Service Delivery in developing and delivering strategic outcomes.
You should possess significant experience across the Service Delivery/Management environment ideally with Higher Education exposure. Your Leadership style will be people first, decisive and a want to transform existing services.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- ITIL certification and demonstrated experience in Service Delivery and Management processes
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenge and business requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with significant influence, establish positive stakeholder relationships at all levels of the University, and negotiate competing priorities whilst always remaining fully customer focused
- Extensive experience in consulting, demand management and planning for the delivery of a mix of IT services
- Excellent developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to lead a team of IT professionals, set priorities, meet regular deadlines, assess and report services delivery performance against agreed service levels and institute measures to continuously improve services
- Extensive experience in leading a team of technical experts to deliver day to day IT services, as well as working collaboratively with broader IT teams to design, build and implement new solutions and services
- Demonstrated ability to understand business context, apply sound judgement in staff, financial and vendor management
Note: A current National Police Clearance (NPC) is a requirement of this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Manager (IT Service Management) - 514099.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Monday 10 April 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact David Hargrave at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:27 Mar 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:10 Apr 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Lecturer, Entrepreneurship And Innovation, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 19 days ago
20 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Lecturer Complex Systems, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 14 days ago
26 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Mathematics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austra...
Senior Research Coordinator, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Environmental science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Lecturer (Wacrh, Public Health Medical Registrar), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Medical sciences Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) C...
Clinical Trial Coordinator, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Research Officer, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...