- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing full-time position
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing. University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Adelaide Business School is one of four schools in the Faculty of the Professions. With a reputation for first-class management education, the school specialises in accounting, finance, international business, management and marketing. The school offers a contemporary and intellectually stimulating working environment.
This role is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding candidate to direct, lead and manage the Adelaide Business School, in relation to academic support services, accreditation, business development and student support services. The role has a strategic focus and forms part of the Adelaide Business School Leadership Group. The successful candidate will work closely with the Dean of the Business School, liaising with both Faculty and the broader university, and is responsible for providing overall leadership and operational management of a large team of professional staff.
Salary: (HEO9) $109,077 - $116,862 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you are required to have:
- Demonstrated extensive experience in successfully leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience working at a senior level in a large and/or complex organisational environment, including working with senior leaders to effect strategic and operational change within a collaborative enterprise.
- Proven ability to apply contemporary strategic change and project management techniques, business practices, and methods in the planning of large scale and complex projects that support organisational goals.
- Demonstrated experience of financial management including performance ratios and assessment, financial analysis and budget management in supporting strategic decisions.
- Exceptional written and verbal proficiency in providing high level advice to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of independent decision making, strategic problem solving, and initiative to deliver practical and economic solutions.
- An understanding of the challenges facing leading Australian universities, and an awareness of local and international trends in the higher education sector is desirable.
- Post graduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or extensive management experience and expertise.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Mark Gabbott, Dean, Adelaide Business School, on email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Wednesday 11 October 2017 @ 11.55pm
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Education Manager, Building And Construction, Federation University Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
FedUni TAFE – SMB Campus Full-time, fixed-term appointment until May 2021. If you are looking for your next exciting opportunity this position is right for you. Be part of a community of committed...
Student Experience Officer (Internal Applicant Only), Federation University Australia, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Job no:845927 Location:SMB Campus Categories:Professional/General School/Area: University Registrar's Directorate University Registrar’s Directorate – SMB Campus Full-time, fixed-term appointment ...
Research Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job no:500800 Work type:full-time Location:QEII Medical Centre / SCGH Categories:Research support Research Officer REF: 500800 Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences Harry Perkins Institute of Med...