Management Teacher - Monash College Diploma Programs
Job No.: 599693
Location: Clayton (moving to Melbourne CBD 2021)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 2-year fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $72,634 - $104,061 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Join the college as we embark on a new transformational journey and transition to an exciting new city location in 2021
- Be part of teaching excellence and join an organisation committed to professionally developing and supporting its Teachers
- 2-year full time fixed term contract with 17% super
Monash College is the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students. For over 20 years we have been leaders in our field, preparing the next generation of global professionals to succeed at university and in their careers. Within our Diploma’s division, we offer a pathway into bachelor courses at Monash University. We have diplomas leading to degrees in Arts, Art and Design and Architecture, Business, Education, Engineering, Information Technology and Science. All students who achieve the required grade are offered a place at Monash University with full credit into the second year of their degree studies.
Currently based in Clayton, our Diplomas team will be transitioning to a new location in Melbourne’s CBD in 2021 along with the rest of the college, where all our students, teachers and support staff will reside at the one location. This is an exciting time to join Monash College and our Diplomas team, as we embark on this transformational journey.
Our Teachers are passionate, collaborative, responsive, innovative and engaged. Here at Monash College we have built a Teaching Excellence framework which articulates what teachers at Monash College should know and be able to do in order to deliver a high quality, learning and teaching experiences for our students. Our framework is based on education research and was developed in consultation with Monash College leaders and teachers. Our framework supports all our teachers to understand their current level of practice, their areas of strength, and areas for development. It enables teachers and leaders to work together to build and sustain teaching excellence. If you wish to strive for excellence and be part of our passionate learning and teaching team, then this is a great opportunity for you!
Click here to learn more about our Teaching Excellence Framework.
About the role:
The Management Teacher is responsible for providing an exemplary standard of teaching to deliver the required curriculum to a diverse range of students, using flexible teaching practices, including strategic use of technology to address individual learning needs and styles.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in the discipline area and knowledge of current learning and teaching methods, practices and developments within the discipline area
- Knowledge and application of successful approaches to learning, teaching, curriculum design and delivery, and assessment practices in a transition education or similar environment
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to own professional learning and to improve student learning
- The ability to adapt teaching practices to suit group and individual learning needs, including working with students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Proven capability to use a range of teaching practices to engage students and sustain positive learning outcomes
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with other teachers, general staff, leaders and management
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement approaches in learning and teaching, both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability in the use of digital technology to facilitate student learning and the successful use of learning management systems (e.g. Moodle, Blackboard)
- Sound information and digital technology skills, to support effective workplace collaboration and allow contribution to the development of learning materials
Essential skills & requirements:
- A minimum undergraduate degree with a major in the designated teaching area
- Relevant qualifications in education, or equivalent experience and/or a willingness to obtain a suitable qualification (for example, Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education)
Fixed Term Diploma Teacher Position Description
What we can offer you/ Benefits:
- Supportive and flexible workplace culture
- Opportunity to influence the pathway our students to Monash university
- Join a diverse team, work across Monash College and Monash University campuses.
- Find out more about Monash College: https://www.monashcollege.edu.au/about-us
- This position requires a current Working with Children Check or VIT registration
- Contract: 2 year full-time fixed-term contract
- Salary: $72,634 - $104,061 (dependent on skills and experience, the successful candidate will be required to complete a teaching declaration process to determine salary level) plus 17% superannuation
- Location: Currently based in Clayton and moving to our new 750 Collins Street location in 2021
- Labour Day, Queen's Birthday and Melbourne Cup day are normal working days, without penalty payments for time worked. Five days leave (accrued at 1⅔ per public holiday worked) will be granted in lieu, to be usually taken on the days falling between Christmas Day and New Year's Day
Bella Kaur, Talent Acquisition - Bella.Kaur@monashcollege.edu.au
To Apply: Click here to apply and submit your application on the Monash College careers website, including your Resume & Cover letter. Please note, email applications will not be accepted.
Monday 29 October 2019, 11:55 pm AEDT
Supporting a diverse workforce
National Coordinator, Victoria University, Australia, 3 days ago
Work unit/function: VU English Classification: Vocational Senior Educator 1 Employment type: fixed-term Salary range: $95,866 per annum P&C Recruiter: Petersen, Nicholas Recruitment contact no.: (...
Casual Teacher, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 2 days ago
Join Swinburne’s Major Projects team Casual teaching position working out of Newport (linked with our Croydon Campus) $76.78 - $79.79 per hour + 12% superannuation About the Job We are looking for...
Casual Nursing Teacher, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 2 days ago
Join our Health, Science and Communities team Casual position at our Wantirna campus $76.78 - $79.79 per hour + 12% superannuation About the Job Are you passionate about teaching the next generati...
Work Integrated Learning Officer 2 Positions, La Trobe University, Australia, 25 days ago
2 full time positions – one continuing and one fixed term until 2/1/2021 Located at the Bundoora Campus $67,698 - $75,817 per annum + up to 17% superannuation About La Trobe La Trobe University’s ...
Lecturer Public Health, Victoria University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Portfolio: College of Health and Biomedicine Work unit/function: Public Health Classification: Academic Level B Employment type: continuing Salary range: ACAD B $92,946 -$110,373 per annum plus 17...
Manager Of Strategy And Engagement, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Opportunity Rare opportunity to play a key role in creating Australia’s leading ecosystem for digital health and clinical and population informatics. In this newly developed role, you be supportin...