Work type:part time
Location:QEII Medical Centre / SCGH
Categories:Health and Medical Sciences
- Multiple short term positions available in our Division of General Practice to teach and assess in the MD Year 1 Clinical Skills and Year 2 Clinical Preparation programs
- Opportunity exists between 3 - 11 months, with an immediate start date in January 2021
- Appointments are on a part-time basis with various FTEs available
- Salary ranges: Level B $100,374 p.a. - $118,776 p.a. pro rata or Level C $122,456 p.a. - $140,861 p.a. pro rata plus superannuation (appointment will be dependent on applicant’s skills and experience)
UWA Medical School
Division of General Practice
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
Within the UWA Medical School, the Division of General Practice provides high quality and innovative teaching on general practice to medical students throughout the course in collaboration with the wider medical profession and general practices. The Division leads the design and delivery of the clinical skills teaching program, as well as coordinating the design and implementation of three of the six MD curricular themes: the Leader, Advocate and Scholar components of the curriculum.
About the opportunities
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer - MD Year 1 Clinical Skills program
- You will deliver the Clinical Skills curriculum to MD Year 1 students and provide the tuition, supervision and assessment of those MD students
- The curriculum emphases the essential clinical skills of history, examination and clinical reasoning that is integral for patient assessment
- Teaching for this program begins the week of 25 January, and runs for 20 weeks until 4 June 2021. After a four week break teaching recommences week beginning 5 July, and concludes on 12 November 2021
- The scheduled teaching times for this position are on Friday mornings
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer - MD Year 2 Clinical Preparation program
- You will teach MD students within the MD Year 2 program using teaching methods like small group tutorials with peer history, examination, simulated patients and seminars
- You will also provide tuition, supervision and assessment of the MD students
- The curriculum emphases the essential clinical skills of history, examination and clinical reasoning that are integral for patient assessment
- Teaching for this program will begin 27 January 2021, and runs for 12 weeks.
- The scheduled teaching times for this position are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Unconditional registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Medical Practitioner in Western Australia or equivalent
- A broad general knowledge of history and examination of all body systems
- Recent experience in clinical practice, preferably within the last five years
- Experience as a tutor and/or supervisor of medical students and/or junior doctors
- Effective organisational, communication and negotiation skills
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Please see the relevant position description prior to applying.
Closing date: Monday, 7 December 2020
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
In preparing your application, you are asked to indicate clearly your interest for one or both position(s), and your availability to work each week for the duration of the appointment.
Please note, short-listed applicants will be invited for interviews within two weeks of the application closing date.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised:23 Nov 2020 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:07 Dec 2020 9:00 AM W. Australia Standard Time
Tafe Teacher Plumbing, Federation University Australia, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Federation TAFE – SMB Campus Full-time, fixed-term appointment until December 2021 L1.1 to L3.4 range $73,027 to $103,540 p.a. depending on qualifications and experience plus 9.5% superannuation B...
Ref 116/21, Senior Supervisor, Clinical Psychology, School Of Psychology, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Kingswood Campus Remuneration Package: $118,508 to $131,558 p.a. Part-Time (0.6), Ongoing position The School of Psychology at Western Sydney University is seeking to appoint a part-time Senior Su...
Manager: Corporate Information Systems (Heo 9), University of South Australia, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, continuing position Salary range: $117,998 - $122,072 per annum (plus up to 17% superannuation) About th...
Technical Officer: Timber Testing (Heo 4), University of South Australia, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time fixed term contract until 31 March 2022 Salary range: $64,166 - $72,321 per annum (plus superannuation) About the Role Reporting directly t...
Gym Instructor (Heo 4), University of South Australia, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Based in UniSA Sport, Student Engagement Unit at the City East, City West and Magill campuses 2 x part-time (25 hours per week or 0.63 FTE), fixed term contract positions available until November ...
Precinct Connect Officer, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job no:504909 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Student Services and Learning support, HEO4 (HEO4) $64,001 to $70,151 per annum plus an employer contribution of 9.5% supe...