- $71,506 – $95,855 (ALEVA)
- Fixed Term, Full Time, Joondalup Campus
- Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
SALARY RANGE: $71,506 – $95,855 (ALEVA)
FIXED TERM: 20 January to 31 December 2020
We are seeking an experienced and innovative individual to teach the Social Science program specialisation of children and families.
Applicants will be expected to have:
• Completed a Bachelor’s degree with a specialisation in child development, working with families, or similar and preferably a Master’s Degree and/or progress towards a PhD in a relevant field.
• Relevant teaching experience in higher education, preferably at a degree level
• Evidence of post-graduation professional experience in working with families in the community and strong professional networks within the children and families sector;
• Expertise in how child development theory relates to practice, and an ability to teach within a social cultural context;
• Demonstrated skills and achievement in supporting students’ transition to university, and a good understanding of how to support students facing additional barriers to success in university studies; and
• Ability and experience of teaching in different modes (on-campus and online); and willingness to innovate in teaching, to modify your approach to support student academic engagement, and to contribute to social science program.
The full selection criteria for this role, against which applications will be assessed, are attached.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits and Remuneration
This fixed term position at 0.6FTE attracts remuneration of $69,906 – $94,255 (ALEVA) plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Associate Professor Vicki Banham (Associate Dean Social Science, Social Work, Counselling and Youth Work) on 08 6304 5530 for more information.
How to Apply
Please forward a concise expression of interest (2-3 pages) describing your suitability for this position, addressing the six (6) criteria above, and attach a copy of your current CV to your online application.
Applications close on 2 December, 2019 at 11.30pm WAST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Selection Criteria Opens in new window
Academic CV - template Opens in new window
Placement Officer (Work Integrated Learning), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
Job no:503504 Work type:full-time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services Educational Enhancement Unit Coordinate professional placement opportunities for UWA student...
Software Engineer Icrar, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:503240 Work type:full-time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences International Centre fo...
Office Coordinator, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
Job no:503550 Work type:full-time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support Office of the Deputy-Vice Chancellor, Education Due to an internal staff promotion, we are seeking ...
Consumer And Community Involvement Coordinator, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
Job no:503575 Work type:part-time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support Western Australia Health Translation Network (WAHTN) Consumer and Community Health Research Network...
Coordinator, Girls In Engineering, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:503655 Work type:full-time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing, Student Administration / Support Services Full-time, fixed-term (12 months) opportunity Salary range: ...
Continuous Improvement Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 21 days ago
Job no:503657 Work type:full-time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support, Information Technology, Policy and Planning Office of Service Delivery Contribute to the transform...