- Part-Time: 60% or 3 days a week
- Fixed Term until 28 June 2024
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level B $100,480 - $118,659 pro rata plus 17% superannuation
About the position
A Level B in Sociology (part time, fixed term) is required to backfill an existing position for a fixed period of time in the Sociology program. This position will support the capacity of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences to deliver a high-quality program of learning and teaching in Sociology by contributing to the development and delivery of SOC2TCS (semester 1, 2023 and 2024) and SOC1GIL (semester 2, 2023), as well as providing support to other subjects as required. The position will also contribute to the vibrant research culture within Sociology and the Department of Social Inquiry, through independent or collaborative scholarship and engagement with research students.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development, with direct relevance to the delivery of SOC2TCS and/or SOC1GIL
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- High level verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 4pm Tuesday 31st January 2023
Position Enquiries: Raelene Wilding via email R.Wilding@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Lecturer Sociology.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Senior Student Advisor, RMIT University, Australia, 15 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus or Bundoora Campus, and hybrid ways of working ...
Academic Skills Advisor, RMIT University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until November 2023 part time and job share will be considered Salary Level HEW 7 + 17% Superannuation Based at the Melbourne CBD and Bundoora campus About...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Psychology, RMIT University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Overview: Part-Time or Full-Time (0.6-1.0 FTE) 9-month Fixed Term Contract with the possibility of extension Salary Academic Level B/C + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based ...
Associate Lecturer, Rural Mental Health Education, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Job no: 0056025 Location: Wangaratta Role type: Full time/Part time (0.5 FTE) - one full time role or two part-time roles available; Fixed-term until 31 December 2023 Faculty: Faculty of Medicine,...
Deputy Director Of Medical Student Education, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Job no: 0051175 Location: Shepparton (This role cannot be performed remotely) Role type: Part time (0.3 - 0.4 FTE); Continuing Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Departmen...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Clinical Pharmacy, RMIT University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Overview: An opportunity now exists to join RMIT’s School of Health and Biomedical Sciences and contribute to the teaching and research growth within Pharmacy 1 x Full time, Fixed Term (from July ...