- Part-Time (0.6FTE), Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 pro rata per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
This position will contribute to the design and delivery of the School's undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs in Social Work and Social Policy (online, blended and face to face) and conduct research in the Social Work and Social Policy discipline.
The School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments. The School comprises three Departments and 10 disciplines across La Trobe’s multi campus operations and has an outstanding reputation for research excellence, research translation and for building strong relationships with industry partners.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for Social Work and Social Policy.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, initiate and follow-up actions, all with minimal or no supervision.
- High level verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and evidence of success in securing research funding.
- Ability to teach in the discipline’s key areas.
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Thursday, 27th October 2022
Position Enquiries: Lisa Brophy, L.Brophy@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Lecturer, Social Work and Social Policy.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Lecturer, Literacy, RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview: Full-Time, Ongoing Opportunity for a Lecturer in Literacy Salary Academic Level B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora West campus but may be req...
Coordinator, Administration, RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus About the Role As the Coordinator, Administration, y...
Workforce Planning Coordinator, RMIT University, Australia, 8 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until October 2024 Salary Level HEW 7 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Role will require an on-campus presence (Melbourne CBD or Bund...
Associate Dean, Research & Innovation, RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview: Full-Time, Continuing Position Salary Academic Level D/E + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based...
Library Concierge, RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview: Part-time (25 hours per week), Continuing position – Part Year Salary HEW 2 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements May be required to work at Library sites at the City, B...
Workforce Planning Senior Coordinator, RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the City or Bundoora campus but may be required to work and/or be based ...