Apply now Job no:518588
Work type:part time
Categories:Senior Lecturer, Lecturer
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Student Mental Health)
Duration: 1-year Fixed Term contract
Employment Type: Part - time (0.4 FTE/14 hours a week)
Remuneration: $119K - $166K p.a. prorated (+17% super, leave loading and clinical loading where relevant)
Visa: Full working rights will be required for the full contract.
Location: Randwick, Sydney.
Why this role matters
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Student Mental Health position has been developed to support a program of research, and education initiatives focused on the mental health and wellbeing of the UNSW student community. The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer will conduct high quality research in this area and contribution to educational excellence.
Who you are:
- Degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) in a relevant health professional field (e.g. medical, psychology, nursing, social work, occupational therapy, other allied health)
- Further professional qualifications and/or clinical experience in mental health specifically (e.g. psychiatry, clinical psychology, mental health nursing, other mental health allied health fields)
- Postgraduate research qualifications/experience (such as a PhD, or equivalent research degree or research experience) are desirable;
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline/professional knowledge and developments;
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning using a range of pedagogical approaches, development and delivery of courses and programs, at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level;
- Evidence of ability to support and inspire staff/students from diverse backgrounds and support student equity diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Demonstrated ability to publish quality research and/or obtain research funding;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships;
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Evidence of strong leadership skills in a professional environment;
Benefits and Culture:
UNSW offer a competitive salary and access to a plethora of UNSW-perks including:
- 17% Superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working
- Additional 3 days of leave over the Christmas Period
- Access to lifelong learning and career development
- Progressive HR practices
More information on the great staff benefits and culture can be found here.
How to apply:
Please click Apply now to submit your application online. Applications should not be sent to the contact listed below. Please provide a resume and a cover letter briefly addressing the criteria listed in the position description.
A copy of the Position Description can be found on JOBS@UNSW .
Contact (role related questions only)
Professor Kimberlie Dean – Head of the Discipline of Psychiatry and Mental Health
Applications close: Sunday, 8th October 2023 before 11.30pm.
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised:19 Sep 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:08 Oct 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer In Clinical Psychology, Macquarie University, Australia, 10 days ago
PRIMARY DETAIL The School of Psychological Sciences is seeking a suitably qualified academic to be actively involved in the development, implementation, and delivery of units in the Master of Clin...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer In Indigenous Health Education, Macquarie University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
PRIMARY DETAIL Seeking a suitably qualified Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander academic with a strong teaching, and clinical or research record, in Medical/Health Education. THE ROLE Salary ...
Ref 5909/23 Lecturer – Construction Management (Bushfire Protection), School Of Engineering, Design And Built Environment, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Full-time, Ongoing position based at Parramatta South Campus Remuneration: $135,528 to $159,922 p.a. includes Superannuation & Leave Loading Working at WSU means you’ll be part of an organisation ...
Associate Professor / Professor Of Nursing, School Of Nursing And Midwifery, WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY, Australia, 23 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Australia Applicati...
Ref 5975/23 Associate Fellow, School Of Nursing And Midwifery, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $106,765 to $128,989 p.a. includes super & Leave Loading Full-time, Fixed Term for 1 year based at Hawkesbury Campus Full-time, Fix...
Senior Lecturer (Clinical Education), University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Multiple full time, continuing positions Contribute to the teaching of clinical dentistry and coordination of clinical placements for dental students Base salary from $145,023 + 17% superannuation...