Apply now Job no:518983
Work type:full time
Categories:Senior Lecturer, Lecturer
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Duration: Continuing
- Remuneration: Level B from $119,440 and Level C from $145,071 + 17% superannuation
- Location: Kensington campus in NSW Australia (Hybrid Flexible Working)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 50 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
The School of Information Systems & Technology Management (SISTM) is one of eight schools within the Business School that comprises over 30 staff from all over the world. It offers a vibrant and dynamic academic community engaged in leading-edge research, innovative teaching as well as constructive community and professional engagement. SISTM is one of the largest and oldest such schools in Australia. The School is currently ranked 1st in Australia, 2nd in Asia, and 11th worldwide in the latest AIS research productivity ranking and has highly developed local and international links.
Why Your Role Matters:
The School of Information Systems & Technology Management at UNSW Business School is hiring for two tenure-track positions, at either the level of Lecturer (Level B) or Senior Lecturer (Level C), in the area of Information Systems, Business Analytics, or Operations Management.
A Lecturer (Level B) is expected to conduct scholarly research and professional activities, both nationally and internationally, and make substantive contributions in the areas of teaching, engagement and leadership in line with the expectations of the School and Faculty.
A Senior Lecturer (Level C) will additionally be expected to conduct high-quality research that is recognised internationally and makes significant contributions to educational leadership and excellence in the School and Faculty.
The role of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer reports to Head of School and has no direct reports.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Accountabilities of a Level B (Lecturer) are, but not limited to:
- Engage in individual and/or collaborative research in a manner consistent with disciplinary standards and practices.
- Create scholarly impact which is recognised nationally by peers in the advancement of disciplinary knowledge.
- Conduct research/scholarly activities under limited supervision, either independently or as a member of a team (as per the norms of the discipline) and design research projects.
- Contribute to applications for competitive funding under the guidance of senior colleagues, including participating as co-investigator or chief investigator in competitive grant applications.
Accountabilities of a Level C (Senior Lecturer), in addition to those for Level B, are:
- Make independent contributions to research that have a significant impact in their field of expertise and develop an internationally recognised research track record.
- Undertake independent research in the discipline or related areas (as per the norms of the discipline), making an independent contribution through professional practice and expertise.
- Lead research groups in areas of specialist expertise and research methods that are appropriate to the discipline.
- Attract peer recognition and develop research network/s (based on the norms of the discipline) at the international level.
Who You Are:
Skills and experience required -
- A PhD degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Business Analytics, Operations Management, or a closely related business field.
- Experience in teaching technical (cybersecurity, programming, database, networking) or business analytics courses would be a distinct advantage.
- Expected or demonstrated excellence in publishing in leading Information Systems or Operations Management conferences and journals (e.g., Financial Times 50, AIS Basket of 8, and/or Australian Business Deans Council A/A*).
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline knowledge and developments.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design using a range of pedagogical approaches, development and delivery of courses and programs, at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels.
- Experience in implementing educational technologies and online delivery methods, initiating curriculum development and improvement, and work-integrated learning or industry engagement.
To learn more about this position and view the full list of criteria a copy of the Position Description can accessed at the bottom of the ad as displayed on JOBS@UNSW.
Benefits and Culture:
People are at the core of everything we do. We recognise it is the contributions of our staff who make UNSW one of the best universities in Australia and the world.
Our benefits include:
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Access to an academic salary supplementation scheme
- Up to 17% superannuation contributions and leave loading payments
- Flexible working arrangements (work from home, flexible hours, etc.)
- Additional 3 days of leave over Christmas period
- Discounts and entitlements (retail, education, fitness)
How to Apply:
Make each day matter with a meaningful career at UNSW. Upload your resume and submit a 1–2-page document addressing how you meet the Skills and Experience requirements specified in the position description document. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications promptly as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Get in Touch:
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Please apply through the application portal and not via the contact above.
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Associate Lecturer (Education Focused), University of Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
Part-time (0.2 FTE), fixed term contract for 1 year Opportunity to develop and contribute to research and teaching in Exercise and Sport Science as part of a multi-disciplinary team at the Faculty...
Lecturer / Associate Lecturer In Clinical Psychology, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, Australia, 28 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY Research Field Psychological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austral...
Ref 5927/23 Research And Hdr Administration Officer, School Of Business, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $107,358 to $115,073 p.a. Full-Time, Ongoing Position, Parramatta City Campus. Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. ...
Senior Lecturer (Human Resource Management And Management), Australian Catholic University, Australia, 24 days ago
Campus Location: North Sydney, Australia Job No: APTAV103571#007 Lead curriculum development and teaching in Human Resource Management and Management. Full time continuing Level C opportunity at o...
Ref 6045/23 Business Administrative Assistant, School Of Science, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Western Sydney Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $87,412 to $93,061 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term from 3 January 2024 - 31 December 2024 Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. To be...
Lecturer/Associate Lecturer In Clinical Psychology (Education Focused), University of Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Part time (0.5 FTE) continuing position. Located at the Brain and Mind Centre-Mallett St on the Camperdown Campus Opportunity to contribute to teaching outcomes in Clinical Psychology Base Salary ...