Job Reference: 786969
- Permanent AND Full time or part time (a total of 2.2FTE is available)
- 103,101 – 144,971 range (ALB/C) plus 17% superannuation
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2022).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019).
The Curtin School of Population Health is a comprehensive academic school that delivers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in public health and psychology. It is part of Curtin University’s Faculty of Health Sciences, which educates more health professionals than any other Western Australian tertiary institution.
Curtin is globally recognised for its strong connections with industry, high-impact research, and a wide range of innovative courses.
In recent years, Curtin University has established itself among the top 1% of universities in the world (ARWU 2021). Psychology at Curtin received a 5 Star rating for teaching quality, learning resources, learner engagement, skills development, and overall experience in the most recent Good Universities Guide. Psychology as a field of research was again rated as ‘Above World Ranking’ in the most recent Excellence in Research for Australia exercise.
We offer a range of quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses in psychology.
The Master of Psychology (Professional) course provides education and training in the professional practice of psychology. It is the fifth-year component of the 5+1 pathway to registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA). Graduates are eligible to apply for general registration with the PsyBA after successful completion of one year of supervised practice and successful completion of the National Psychology Examination. The course integrates coursework, research, and placement components with an emphasis on experiential learning.
The successful applicants will contribute to the Discipline of Psychology via teaching and research. Specifically, the appointees will coordinate units and teach into the highly successful Master of Psychology (Professional) program. They will provide board-approved supervision to the program’s students on placement and provide research supervision to Honours and HDR students. They will support accreditation and reviews within the Master of Psychology (Professional) course including possible expansion of the program and potentially contribute to other psychology courses within the Discipline. The appointees will also contribute to the research and/or scholarship of teaching profile of the School of Population Health and will undertake relevant engagement and service activities.
In this role you will…
- Contribute to the ongoing success of the Master of Psychology (Professional) course and other psychology courses, where relevant and as directed by the Discipline Lead.
- Be passionate about training emerging psychologists and developing the evidence base for psychology through research.
- Work collaboratively with staff across the psychology programs and within a broader multidisciplinary team within the School of Population Health.
- Develop a world class research program and contribute to research student supervision within your field of expertise.
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions.
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives.
- A vibrant campus with gym, childcare, wellness programs, medical and counselling services.
- Opportunity for on-going career and professional development.
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities.
- Curtin continues to be a leader in reconciliation in the Higher Education sector, being one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate RAP - the highest level within Reconciliation Australia’s Workplace RAP Framework.
- The University has recently been named as one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA).
- A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with…
- A doctoral qualification in Psychology and professional experience relevant to level applied for.
- Current registration with the AHPRA as a Psychologist and eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society; certification from the Psychology Board of Australia as an approved supervisor is desirable.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching Psychology and psychological competencies or related topics in a university setting.
- A record of research outputs/creative works in high quality refereed academic journals/outlets consistent with the discipline and evidence of an emerging track record in successful competitive grant applications.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree research students.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to the development of a collegial and supportive working environment and the ability to interact with students and staff with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position.
Please apply on-line with a cover letter and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Applications close: 10pm Friday 7th October 2021
If you have a query in relation to the application process, please contact our careers team on email@example.com
For further information on the roles available, please contact Associate Professor Lauren Been Lauren.Breen@curtin.edu.au
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Software Research Engineer (Data Intensive Astronomy), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years Salary range: Level 6 or 7: $83,005.00 - $100,814.00 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The Univer...
Senior Librarian (Research And Academic Engagement), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 3 days ago
University Library Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 7 $90,862 - $100,814 plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universit...
Senior Commercialisation Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Office of Research Full-time, 2 year, fixed-term appointment Salary range: Level 9: $117,049 - $123,858 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the...
Manager, International (Future Students), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job no:507890 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing, Business Development Brand, Marketing and Recruitment Lead our international student recruitment team ...
Plumbing Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job no:507906 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Campus / facilities management Campus Management Great opportunity for suitably qualified plumber to join the UWA Campus Management ...
Who Is Teaching Health Education In Secondary Schools In Western Australia?, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Project Outline: Research has repeatedly highlighted the marginal positioning of Health Education (HE) in schools and that teachers’ level of preparedness to deliver essential health learning diff...