- Full time continuing
- Opportunity to be involvedin both teaching and research at Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Academic level B/C, Base Salary $113,184 - $159,867p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Sydney Conservatorium of Music (SCM) is one of the oldest and most prestigious Music Schools in Australia. It is a distinctive part of Sydney’s arts and education nucleus. The Sydney Conservatorium of Music is renowned for its exceptional commitment to music, innovative programs and partnerships programs with Australia’s major organisations. Since its inception in 1915, the Conservatorium has played an important role in shaping Sydney’s cultural identity. The Conservatorium has developed strong ties with the city’s professional symphonic life through ‘visiting staff’ relationships with major professional ensembles and maintained strong links with professional music performance internationally. The Sydney Conservatorium of Music is located in a landmark position at the heart of Sydney’s cultural precinct, close to the Sydney Opera House and surrounded by the Royal Botan! ic Garden s. Since 2001, following major renovation to create a facility of outstanding acoustic and architectural quality, the Conservatorium is regarded as one of the finest in the world with five major performance venues and over 130 teaching and practice studios.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- plan, foster and develop the training of violinists at the University and develop performance curriculum in close cooperation with faculty members within the University
- contribute importantly to professional practice and/or research outcomes in the area of violin performance
- contribute to teaching and training in chamber music, orchestra studies and string pedagogy
- build an inspiring learning and working environment for the students and teachers of violin performance
- inspire young students including pre-tertiary music students, community teachers and orchestras and develop violin teaching in community and outreach programs
- contribute to the development of international student recruitment.
We are seeking an exceptional violin pedagogue with a distinguished performance career. The successful applicant will have a DMA or PhD and an ability to guide students towards highest levels of artistic achievement and will have:
- demonstrable experience for violin teaching at university level with an ability to teach at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels, communicating inspiring musical artistry and thoughtful pedagogical method
- demonstrable experience in working with students in chamber, orchestral, and other ensemble settings.
- an artistic vision as well as extensive knowledge, skills, and experience in the field
- acknowledged high-level international experience as an artist and/or researcher and a strong reputation for teaching
- constructive and collaborative assessment and feedback skills
- evidence of successful collaborations and international networks
- successful supervision of PG Research students or equivalent (Level C)
- evidence of successful grants (research or artistic) (Level C).
Closing Date for applications
11:59 pm, Thursday 20 October 2022
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply' button.
© The University of Sydney
Ref 6140/22 Strategic Projects Coordinator, Research, Office Of The Pro Vice Chancellor, Strategy, Government And Alliances, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration Package: $110,370 to $119,091 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term position for 6 months based at Parramatta South Campus Western Sydney Unive...
Ref 6274/22 Coordinator, Learning Abroad, Western Sydney International, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Parramatta South Campus Remuneration Package: $110,370 to $119,091 p.a. Full-Time, Ongoing Position About Western Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led university, ...
Ref 6029/22 Technical Team Leader, Marcs, Teaching & Research Technical Services, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Westmead Innovation Quarter Remuneration Package: $110,370 to $119,091 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term position until 10 October 2023 About Western Ranked in the top two percent of Universities worldwi...
Ref 6364/22 Research Data Consultant, Library Services, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration Package: $110,370 to $119,091 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term position for 2 years based at Penrith Campus Western Sydney University Inte...
Research Literacy Coordinator, Library Services, WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY, Australia, 2 days ago
About Western Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led university, located at the heart of Australia’s fastest-growing and economically significant region, Western Syd...
Ref 6377/22, 2 X Assessment And Timetabling Officer, Office Of Student And University Planning, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. Remuneration: $110,370 to $119,091 p.a. Penrith Campus Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. To be eligible to apply for this posi...