- Full time continuing
- Opportunity to be involvedin both teaching and research at Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Academic level B/C, Base Salary $113,184 - $159,867p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Sydney Conservatorium of Music (SCM) is one of the oldest and most prestigious Music Schools in Australia. It is a distinctive part of Sydney’s arts and education nucleus. The Sydney Conservatorium of Music is renowned for its exceptional commitment to music, innovative programs and partnerships programs with Australia’s major organisations. Since its inception in 1915, the Conservatorium has played an important role in shaping Sydney’s cultural identity. The Conservatorium has developed strong ties with the city’s professional symphonic life through ‘visiting staff’ relationships with major professional ensembles and maintained strong links with professional music performance internationally. The Sydney Conservatorium of Music is located in a landmark position at the heart of Sydney’s cultural precinct, close to the Sydney Opera House and surrounded by the Royal Botan! ic Garden s. Since 2001, following major renovation to create a facility of outstanding acoustic and architectural quality, the Conservatorium is regarded as one of the finest in the world with five major performance venues and over 130 teaching and practice studios.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- plan, foster and develop the training of violinists at the University and develop performance curriculum in close cooperation with faculty members within the University
- contribute importantly to professional practice and/or research outcomes in the area of violin performance
- contribute to teaching and training in chamber music, orchestra studies and string pedagogy
- build an inspiring learning and working environment for the students and teachers of violin performance
- inspire young students including pre-tertiary music students, community teachers and orchestras and develop violin teaching in community and outreach programs
- contribute to the development of international student recruitment.
We are seeking an exceptional violin pedagogue with a distinguished performance career. The successful applicant will have a DMA or PhD and an ability to guide students towards highest levels of artistic achievement and will have:
- demonstrable experience for violin teaching at university level with an ability to teach at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels, communicating inspiring musical artistry and thoughtful pedagogical method
- demonstrable experience in working with students in chamber, orchestral, and other ensemble settings.
- an artistic vision as well as extensive knowledge, skills, and experience in the field
- acknowledged high-level international experience as an artist and/or researcher and a strong reputation for teaching
- constructive and collaborative assessment and feedback skills
- evidence of successful collaborations and international networks
- successful supervision of PG Research students or equivalent (Level C)
- evidence of successful grants (research or artistic) (Level C).
Closing Date for applications
11:59 pm, Thursday 20 October 2022
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply' button.
© The University of Sydney
Ref 017/23, Educational Compliance Officer, Office Of The Dvc & Vice President, Academic, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. Remuneration: $113,831to $122,779 p.a. Full-Time, Ongoing Position Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. To be eligible to apply f...
Nif Neuroimaging Analysis Fellow, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Full time, fixed term for 15-months Unique opportunity to provide strategic advice and support research within the University of Sydney’s National Imaging Facility (NIF) node, Camperdown Campus Ba...
Ref 6382/22 Engagement Assistant, School Of Business, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. Remuneration: $81,282 to $86,609 p.a. Parramatta City campus Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. To be eligible to apply for thi...
Associate Professor Of Neuroimmunology, University of Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Exciting opportunity for a research active medical practitioner with specialty training in Neurology and a PhD in neuroimmunology Full time, continuing teaching and research Associate Professor of...
Ref 840/23 Associate Lecturer, School Of Law, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $103,304 to $124,808 p.a. Full-time, ongoing position based at Parramatta Campus/Campbelltown Campus Full-time, ongoing position Pa...
Project Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Full time, fixed-term position for two years (with the possibility of extension) Exciting Project Officer opportunity working with inter-disciplinary researchers at the ARC Centre of Excellence fo...