This is an opportunity to join the School of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) as a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer. CSE is the largest and most prestigious school of computing in Australia. It offers undergraduate programs in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Bioinformatics, as well as a number of combined degrees with other disciplines. Our research and teaching staff are world leading and world building as they advance knowledge and learning. People join CSE for the opportunity to work with top-tier students and to join a community of scholars who support them to achieve their full potential.
You will be conducting independent research and delivering excellent teaching in the area operating systems and/or distributed systems. This is an opportunity to join an organisation that is helping to shape the future direction of computing in Australia. The students and research produced in CSE can impact the world!
The role of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer reports to the Head of School, Professor Aaron Quigley and has no direct reports.
- Lecturer - Level B, $110,459 to $130,215 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Senior Lecturer – Level C, $134,162 to $153,921 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- 5-year Convertible Tenure Track (CTT)
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university.
Skills & Experience
Lecturer (Level B) and Senior Lecturer (Level C)
- PhD in Computer Science or relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in any area related to Computer Science, particularly in the broad area of Operating Systems/Distributed Systems.
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high international impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to deliver high quality and innovative teaching and student experience to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Experience in successfully recruiting and supervising high calibre students.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with the profession and industry.
- High level communication skills and ability to network effectively and interact with a diverse range of students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
To Apply: If you are interested in an academic career in a role that conducts independent research and delivers excellent teaching, please click the apply now button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Skills and Experience.
Applicants are actively encouraged not to include conference/journal/CORE rankings but should instead focus on the impact of their research outputs in describing the excellence of their research.
Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:50 pm – Wednesday 29th September 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Technology And Innovation Manager, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Apply now Job no:503678 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Information Technology The Opportunity Working closely with the Head of School you will be in a leadership role to overs...
Lecturer Risk & Actuarial Studies, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Apply now Job no:503110 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Lecturer Lecturer UNSW Business School - Risk & Actuarial Studies 5 Year - Convertible Tenure Track Full Time - 35 hrs/...
Chief Scientist And Director, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Apply now Job no:503443 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities Vibrant campus life wit...
Associate Lecturer/Lecturer In Renewable Energy Engineering Education Focused, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Apply now Job no:503700 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Lecturer, Associate Lecturer The Opportunity Join the UNSW School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering (SPRE...
Senior Lecturer – General Practice, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Apply now Job no:503790 Work type:Full-time, Part-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Senior Lecturer Senior Lecturer – General Practice UNSW Sydney is globally recognised for making an impact an...
Associate Lecturer/Lecturer Education Focused Physics, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Apply now Job no:503387 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Lecturer, Associate Lecturer One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities Vibrant campus life with a stro...