Apply now Job no:515171
Work type:full time
Categories:Senior Lecturer, Lecturer
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Exercise Science and Exercise Physiology)
- Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
- Duration: 3 year fixed term contract
- Remuneration: From $119,440 base (+17% super, leave loading) for Level B, Lecturer/From $145,071 base (+17% super, leave loading) for Level C, Senior Lecturer
- Location: Kensington, NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 50 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
This position provides the opportunity to conduct high quality research and make a significant contribution to educational excellence in the School of Health Sciences within the Faculty of Medicine and Health. You will make a significant contribution to content development and delivery of the Exercise Behaviour Change and Health and/or Sports Psychology curricula in the School of Health Sciences Health Professional Programs, especially within the discipline of Exercise Science and Exercise Physiology. The School of Health Sciences has new degrees in Exercise Physiology, Dietetics, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy and this position has opportunity to contribute to new interprofessional experiences while developing discipline specific content and research.
Who You Are:
- A completed PhD in a related discipline (Exercise or Psychology/Behaviour Change)
- Relevant (Level B) and demonstrated (Level C) experience in sub-disciplinary areas of exercise behaviour change, and/or health or sport psychology
- Actively stays up to date with discipline knowledge and development
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design using a range of pedagogical approaches, development and delivery of courses and programs, at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level (significant experience for Level C)
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and passion for educational excellence and fostering this in others
- Demonstrated success in initiating curriculum development and improvement (Level C)
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership (degree of experience commensurate with relevant level of appointment at B or C)
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of research students at Honours and higher degree level (Level C, some experience preferred at Level B)
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills
- Evidence of ability to support and inspire students from diverse backgrounds and support student equity diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to interact with the profession and industry and attract funding for research and learning and teaching initiatives
- Current accreditation or ability to gain accreditation in Exercise Science and/or Exercise Physiology with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (desirable)
Benefits and Culture:
UNSW offer a competitive salary and access to a plethora of UNSW-perks including:
- 17% Superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working
- Additional 3 days of leave over the Christmas Period
- Access to lifelong learning and career development
- Progressive HR practices
More information on the great staff benefits and culture can be found here.
How to Apply:
Make each day matter with a meaningful career at UNSW. Submit your application online before the 15th October at 11:55pm. Your application should include a document addressing the Selection Criteria (skills and experience on the position description). A copy of the Position Description can be found on JOBS@UNSW.
Get in Touch (for job related queries only – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed):
Jamie Cutler: Talent Acquisition Consultant
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised:18 Sep 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:15 Oct 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer In Clinical Psychology, Macquarie University, Australia, 5 days ago
PRIMARY DETAIL The School of Psychological Sciences is seeking a suitably qualified academic to be actively involved in the development, implementation, and delivery of units in the Master of Clin...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer In Indigenous Health Education, Macquarie University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
PRIMARY DETAIL Seeking a suitably qualified Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander academic with a strong teaching, and clinical or research record, in Medical/Health Education. THE ROLE Salary ...
Senior Lecturer (Human Resource Management And Management), Australian Catholic University, Australia, 24 days ago
Campus Location: North Sydney, Australia Job No: APTAV103571#007 Lead curriculum development and teaching in Human Resource Management and Management. Full time continuing Level C opportunity at o...
Associate Lecturer (Education Focused), University of Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
Part-time (0.2 FTE), fixed term contract for 1 year Opportunity to develop and contribute to research and teaching in Exercise and Sport Science as part of a multi-disciplinary team at the Faculty...
Ref 5909/23 Lecturer – Construction Management (Bushfire Protection), School Of Engineering, Design And Built Environment, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Full-time, Ongoing position based at Parramatta South Campus Remuneration: $135,528 to $159,922 p.a. includes Superannuation & Leave Loading Working at WSU means you’ll be part of an organisation ...
Ref 5927/23 Research And Hdr Administration Officer, School Of Business, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $107,358 to $115,073 p.a. Full-Time, Ongoing Position, Parramatta City Campus. Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. ...