7 Sep 2023
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
4 Oct 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
School of Social Sciences
- Research intensive role on an exciting international project
- Full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 3 years
- Base salary range: Level B $108,509 – $128,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
MandEval is an exciting new four-year project funded by the Medical Research Future Fund, bringing researchers from across the globe together to explore the introduction and impact of vaccine mandates on a global scale. The Lecturer will be responsible for a key aspect of this research, as well as collaborating within the project more generally and providing strategic input into future research direction.
MandEval sits within Political Science and International Relations in the School of Social Sciences, which offers a rich learning and research environment spanning social and environmental studies. The School offers an undergraduate program in Political Science and International Relations and postgraduate programs in International Relations, International Development and Public Policy. As well as undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the School supports an active research program, which includes the VaxPolLab, the operational unit in which MandEval sits.
VaxPolLab brings together new and existing programs of work on vaccine policy and regulation and the social science of vaccination from UWA’s School of Social Sciences, Law School, School of Allied Health, and beyond. Lab members and affiliates study existing and potential vaccination policies within Australia and globally. The Lab explores how and why policies are designed and implemented, details of design and operation, and implications for populations and government.
Sitting within the VaxPolLab, the MRFF-funded MandEval Project will gather and use data on COVID-19 vaccine mandates and collaborate with key decision makers to guide policy for future COVID-19 waves and vaccines, future pandemic preparedness, and routine adult and childhood immunisation programs.
About the opportunity
This position will undertake specific directed research, selected HDR, Honours, and Masters supervision, research translation, and administrative work in the Medical Research Future Fund project “MandEval”.
The appointee will also coordinate one unit of teaching per calendar year (40 workloaded points), or engage in the equivalent amount of teaching activities. The appointee will be expected to work collaboratively with other VaxPolLab appointees and with investigators and staff across the wider interdisciplinary, multi-institutional MandEval project to achieve a series of milestones across a three-year appointment linked to the grant’s lifespan.
The Lecturer will be responsible for teaching and unit coordination duties associated with one unit per academic year assigned as part of the workload, in collaboration with colleagues and under the direction of the Head of School of Social Sciences. The applicant must have a strong research and teaching and portfolio relative to opportunity within political science and international relations.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- PhD or equivalent in political science and/or public policy
- A demonstrable track record in excellence in research evidenced by peer-reviewed journal articles published in high quality journals relative to opportunity.
- Evidence of successful supervision or co-supervision of research students, relative to opportunity
- Demonstrated ability to deliver innovative teaching approaches, assessment and materials for units and courses, relative to opportunity
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive teaching practices to extend equality of opportunity for all learners
- Demonstrable experience of participation in public engagements that promote research, or engagement with government or industry.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to staff and students at all levels and evidence of a commitment to equity and diversity principles
- Demonstrated ability to positively contribute to strategic planning for research and the development of VaxPolLab.
- Experience with conducting research interviews.
- Experience with qualitative data analysis using relevant software.
- Experience with ethical review applications.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Level B (Research) MandEval - 515314.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria .
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on 4 October 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Katie Attwell on (08) 6488 3472 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
- Number of offers available
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Postal Code
Where to apply
Technical Officer (Ocean Radar), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 8 days ago
Job no:515441 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Research support, Technical/Laboratory support A challenging research support role for an exciting Australia wide project Level 6, ful...
Placement Coordinator (Wil), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:516146 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services Placement Coordinator (WIL) Level 6, full-time / 14 months fixed term basis Base salary rang...
Admissions Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
Job no:516022 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing Level 5, full-time appointment on an ongoing basis Base salary range: $76,422 – $84,705 p.a. (pro-rata)...
Research Grants Officer (Post Award), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
Job no:516096 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support An opportunity to share your contracting and administration skills supporting high quality research...
Operations Manager (Iomrc), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 3 days ago
Job no:516245 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support, Research support, Technical/Laboratory support Lead the operations of a dynamic and collaborative ...
Lecturer (Clinical Optometrist), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 26 days ago
Job no:515934 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Health and Medical Sciences You will improve the accessibility and quality of eye health services in Australia and New Zealand through...