Work type:full time
Categories:Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- An opportunity to make an ongoing contribution to teaching and research in Computing and Medical Physics
- Full-time tenurable appointment
- Base salary range: Level B $105,043 – $124,301 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing (PMC) is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers and facilities. The broad-based undergraduate and postgraduate programs are complemented by a wide range of research activities and the School is a leader in developing graduates with high level expertise in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Astrophysics and Medical Physics. With our strong partnership with Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and private centres across Perth the opportunities for partnership and collaborative medical-focussed research are extensive.
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Lecturer to join our Department and make a long-term contribution to research and teaching excellence.
You will lecture in a range of undergraduate and postgraduate units in Computer Science and Medical Physics while contributing to ongoing development of the Department’s academic programs. You will also build a research portfolio of high-quality publications, grants, and collaborations, and assist with the supervision of PhD, masters, and honours research students.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Master of Medical Physics from an ACPSEM-accredited university or equivalent
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Medical Physics or a related field
- Demonstrated teaching experience relevant to the School's teaching programs in computer science and medical physics
- Evidence of and willingness to teach large units, engage in curriculum design and organise teaching activities
- Demonstrated research performance in medical imaging applications of machine learning, a strong publication record, and the ability to apply for grants
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD 512525.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Thursday, 3rd November 2022
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Mark Reynolds on (08) 6488 2279 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:20 Oct 2022 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:03 Nov 2022 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Research Associate, Curtin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Reference: 985256 Your new role Curtin University is seeking a Research Associate (post- PhD) in the discipline of Sustainable Engineering, based at our Bentley campus in Perth, Western Austra...
Professional Experience Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 17 days ago
Job Reference: 956341 If you are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, student support and are a super organised individual, this role in the Professional Experience area in th...
Earth Observation Specialist Synthetic Aperture Radar (Sar), The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia, 14 days ago
Acknowledgement of Country CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection...
Technical Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Reference: 1005925 About us Faculty of Science and Engineering Curtin’s Faculty of Science and Engineering is a place where students and staff alike can apply their studies and research to rea...
Lecturer (School Of Business And Law), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
$105,832 – $125,043 PER ANNUM (ALEVB) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights LECTURER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND LAW TEACHING AND LEARNING $105,832 – $12...
Lecturer, Curtin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job reference: 1021057 Curtin’s School of Nursing is the longest established school of nursing in the Australian university sector. From the time it opened 47 years ago, the school has been a key ...