17 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
30 May 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- $106,194 - $125,797 (ALB) per annum plus 17% superannuation
- Continuing (permanent) full-time opportunity
- Teaching and Research opportunity in International Business
Job Reference: 1056107
School of Management and Marketing
The School of Management and Marketing (SoMM) develops globally-minded, career-capable graduates, advancing responsible, evidence-based business through innovation in education, research and engagement. Located in the Bentley campus of Curtin University, we have close collaborations with each of Curtin’s global campuses in the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Mauritius and Malaysia.
With a clear focus on learner employability, SoMM has a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate offerings in International Business, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Tourism Hospitality and Events, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Human Resources Management and Business Information Systems. We are also home to leading research entities including the Future of Work Institute, the John Curtin Institute of Public Policy, the Tourism Research Cluster, the Consumer Research Lab, the Blockchain Research and Development Lab and the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education (NCSEHE).
Our links with leading industry groups offer students and staff a range of work experiences and research opportunities including internships, Executive Education, Academic Study Programmes and business consultancies.
SoMM is closely connected with other Schools at Curtin with extensive opportunities for research and teaching collaboration in fields such as sustainability, corporate social responsibility, entrepreneurship, mining and engineering and health service provision.
Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Strategy & International Business (IESIB)
The position is located within SoMM’s IESIB discipline with a focus on developing responsible and innovative global leaders for contemporary and future job markets. IESIB researchers and teachers examine strategic and operational challenges and opportunities faced by multinational corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises, and innovative start-ups. A multi-cultural discipline, IESIB has a strong track record of researcher-led and demand-driven research in innovation, entrepreneurship, strategy and international business with extensive industry networks.
Your new role
This role will be located at our vibrant Bentley campus in Perth and working closely with our global campuses in Mauritius, Dubai, Singapore and Miri. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching, research and engagement in International Business and/or related disciplines. They will be expected to undertake both undergraduate and, where appropriate, graduate teaching with opportunities for Executive Education. They will also be provided with opportunities for Higher Degree by Research supervision and support in grant funding applications and demand and researcher-driven scholarship.
- Teach courses in International Business and related disciplines.
- Develop course materials and assessment tasks that meet the needs of students and are aligned with the learning objectives of the respective programs.
- Provide academic guidance and support to students, including advising on career pathways and postgraduate study options.
- Undertake research in the discipline and contribute to the development of the research profile of the Discipline/School of Management and Marketing.
- Engage in scholarly activities such as publishing high quality research articles, presenting at conferences and seminars, and participating in grant applications.
- Participate in the administration of the School of Management and Marketing and contribute to its ongoing development and collegial culture.
- Be open to professional development and emerging leadership opportunities.
As this is a continuing (permanent) role, you will require permanent work rights in Australia. Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship be considered.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Associate Professor Htwe Htwe Thein, Course Lead – International Business, School of Management and Marketing at email@example.com .
Curtin University is one of the world’s top 200 universities in the 2023 QS World University Rankings. We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a collegial and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements and superannuation, flexible working arrangements, and salary-packaging. Just a short drive from Perth city centre, our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and a wide range of food options including a supermarket.
Western Australia and Perth have a broad range of entertainment opportunities for families and individuals with year-round cultural and sporting events. A family-friendly living environment with excellent transport facilities and little traffic congestion, residents and visitors can enjoy beautiful beaches, vibrant hills communities and world-class education for children. Perth International Airport has regular flights to major cities throughout Asia, e.g. Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a cover letter, your CV and a separate document addressing the selection criteria (noted below) to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
- A doctoral qualification in International Business or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to teach at undergraduate and with potential to teach at postgraduate levels and to develop innovative and high-quality course materials.
- An emerging track record of high-quality scholarly outputs, e.g. publications, grant applications, conference presentations etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to contributing to a positive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Interest or track record in industry collaborations.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures, and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of the position.
Applications close: 10 PM Australian Western Standard Time (AWST), Tuesday, 30th May 2023.
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, and undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1) or CurtinCareers@curtin.edu.au quoting the Job Reference.
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
- Number of offers available
- CURTIN UNIVERSITY
Where to apply
Lecturer, Curtin University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Job Reference: 1113702 Curtin Law School/Faculty of Business and Law Curtin is Western Australia’s largest university. Our vision is that by working in partnership, we will make a difference for p...
Research Associate, Curtin University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Job Reference: 10744 Your new role The WA School of Mines within Curtin University has an exciting opportunity for two Research Associates to join the team, working on various projects and underta...
Aus Src Senior Project Scientist, Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
AusSRC Senior Project Scientist The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy is seeking to appoint the Senior Project Scientist for the Australian SKA Regional Centre. Continuing contract, full time (p...
Project Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 26 days ago
Job Reference: 1114373 Science & Engineering The Population Biology and Genomics team works to understand population level processes in ecology and evolution and convert this understanding into pr...
Senior Project Scientist, Curtin University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
About us The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy (CIRA) is a multi-disciplinary research institute engaged in a range of projects involving or motivated by radio astronomy. CIRA’s activities draw ...
Administrative Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 6 days ago
Job Reference: 1121862 The Centre for Crop and Disease Management The Centre for Crop and Disease Management (CCDM) at Curtin University works closely with the grains industry to reduce the burden...