School of Social Sciences
- Opportunity for an outstanding academic with research and teaching expertise in Indonesian Studies
- Salary range: Level B $105,043 – $124,301plus 17% superannuation
- Tenurable position
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The School of Social Sciences offers a rich learning and research environment spanning social sciences in Australia, Europe and Asia. As well as undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the School supports an active research program.
About the opportunity
In this role, you will undertake research, teaching, unit coordination and student supervision in collaboration with colleagues and under the direction of the Head of the School of Social Sciences. Your responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate units in Indonesian studies and language as well as undertake research to support the School’s research program in either Asian Studies or International Relations.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- PhD in Indonesian Studies or cognate discipline
- Demonstrated capacity to teaching Indonesian language to an advanced level.
- Demonstrated research program in a research area that complements and grows the research currently conducted in the School of Social Sciences (relative to career position and opportunity)
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to design, co-ordinate and teach units at the undergraduate level in Indonesian Studies
- Demonstrated commitment to pursue the best educational practices, and to implement institutional goals
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to staff and students at all levels and evidence of a commitment to equity and diversity principles
The applicant must be motivated to contribute to the academic and collegiate environment of the School and pursue a research and teaching program that engages with industry and government partners.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Level B (TR) Indonesian Studies - PD.docx
You are required to address the selection criteria in your cover letter, and include a copy of your current CV. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Sunday 23 October 2022
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Amanda Davies at email@example.com
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Australia’s sunniest capital city offers you more than just amazing sunsets. Perth effortlessly blends urban cool with raw natural beauty and makes the perfect base for your unique Western Australian experience. Bustling with bars, restaurants, shopping and cultural spaces, Perth is also home to Kings Park – one of the world’s largest inner-city parks, as well as beautiful wineries and stunning beaches where you can even swim with wild dolphins.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:23 Sep 2022 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:23 Oct 2022 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Program Coordinator, Dna Zoo Australia, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 26 days ago
UWA School of Agriculture and Environment Level 6, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 2 years Base salary range: $84,665 - $89,477 p.a. plus 10.5% superannuation The University of Wes...
Research Associate, Computational Biology / Bioinformatics, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 25 days ago
UWA School of Agriculture and Environment Researcher with experience and skills in computational biology or bioinformatics to work in an exciting research initiative funded by the DNA Zoo Australi...
Research Associate, Geonomics / Molecular Biology, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 25 days ago
UWA School of Agriculture and Environment Researcher with experience and skills in geonomics or molecular biology to work in an exciting research initiative funded by the DNA Zoo Australia Level A...
Research Associate, Soil Scientist / Molecular Ecologist, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 12 days ago
Fixed term 24 months and full time appointment Research intensive position with a start date as soon as possible Salary range: Level A $74,236 - $99,905 p.a. plus 17% superannuation (appointment l...
Follow Up Co Ordinator, Research Officer, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 20 days ago
School of Population and Global Health Two part time opportunities available to commence in early February 2023 Part-time (0.5FTE and 0.6FTE), fixed term appointments for 3 years Base salary range...
Lecturer, Nursing (Level A), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 10 hours ago
$75,193 to $100,797 pa (Level A) Ongoing, Full-time, South West campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents LECTURER NURSING SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY...