- Full-time, continuing opportunity with a rising regional university
- Located at our seaside Gold Coast campus
- Renumeration up to up to $145,764 per annum including superannuation
Southern Cross University is a values-led, young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow . Our gamechanging new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes, quality of life and a better way to learn.
Southern Cross University’s new 2030 strategy is founded on our people and our purpose to changelives through revolutionary learning and research with real impact.Learn more about our purpose, values and strategy by clicking here .
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Science and Engineering delivers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the areas of Engineering Systems (with specialisations in Mechanical and Civil), Information Technology and Science (with specialisation in Environmental and Earth Systems, Marine Systems, Forest Systems and Regenerative Agriculture). The Faculty is committed to the delivery of high-quality courses informed by research leadership, which combine academic rigour with relevance to employment opportunities for graduates.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mechanical engineering academic to play a key role in the design and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate engineering programs offered by the Faculty. The appointee will imbed evidenced-based research and contemporary learning technologies and innovation to maximise the learning experience and graduate outcomes of our students. This position will also have the opportunity contribute to collaborative research in the area of Mechanical Engineering.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high standard of teaching and learning and educational design and delivery primarily in the area of mechanical engineering with a focus on engineering materials and manufacturing.
- Contribute to the Faculty’s research profile through publications in high-quality journals and successful applications for grant funding, independently or as a member of a team.
- Undertake relevant community and professional engagement that supports and enhances the University and Faculty’s profile and priorities.
You will have a PhD in mechanical engineering or a related field, professional engineering experience and expertise in manufacturing engineering. The candidate is also expected to contribute to teaching engineering mechanisms, engineering dynamics, and engineering materials. This role has a focus on the development of educational materials, and as such, you will draw on your experience in the design and development of innovative curricula and utilising contemporary educational technologies to enhance the student experience and outcomes. In addition, you will have:
- An appropriate track record in research or teaching scholarship relative to level and academic profile, including, where possible, publications in highly ranked journals and supervision of honours/higher degree research candidates.
- Demonstrated record of innovation and excellence in teaching in an engineering-related area in a contemporary university environment.
- Evidence of regular participation in and contribution to: research collaborations; placement partnerships; professional practice; staff development activities; relevant professional bodies; and/or community groups.
- Evidence of hands-on experience using material testing tools and/or manufacturing tools and experience in Civil Engineering Materials will be viewed favourably.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities. This position is:
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
- Located at Gold Coast. Generous relocation support available.
- Academic Level B. The base salary ranges from $105,344 - $124,585 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $145,764 per annum.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and attach a CV and cover letter responding to the selection criteria within the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity is available to candidates within Australia and located overseas. If the successful candidate requires visa sponsorship, the University will work with the appointee to support visa and travel requirements.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name: Professor Charles Lemckert, Chair of Engineering and IT
Closing Date: 11.30pm AEST, 21 September 2023
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.
Position Description Opens in new window
Impact And Partnership Development Manager Critical Minerals Equipment, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Exeter Innovation (EI) This new full-time role is available immediately, on a fixed-term basis until 31st December 2025 with the possibility of extension. This role offers the opportunity for hybr...
Master Thesis High Throughput Technologies For The Rational Development Of Microbial Cell Factories, Helmholtz, Germany, about 2 hours ago
Your Job: The construction of industrially relevant microbial production strains is still a time-consuming, costly and labor-intensive process due to the many manual steps involved. This limits th...
Information Security Officer Grc, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Are you a Security professional who wants to rise above yourself, in your profession and as a person? Do you want to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously crea...
Land Survey Technician (Sce Sam Tg 2023 156 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 17 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research Department Human Resources Research Field Engineering » Geological engineering Researcher Profile...
Head Of Department "Engineering Sciences", Empa, Switzerland, about 9 hours ago
8 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Empa Research Field Engineering » Aerospace engineering Engineering » Agricultural engineering Engineering » Biomedical engineering Engineering » Ch...
Hvac Operation And Maintenance Technician (Sce Sam In 2023 165 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 1 day ago
7 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research Department Human Resources Research Field Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Cou...