16 Sep 2023
- Research Field
Ethics in health sciences
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
24 Oct 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Academic Level B| $101,724- $120,380 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the College of Nursing and Health Sciences:
At the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, we aim to be an innovator in contemporary education producing a safer and more resilient health and social care workforce. Our mission is to improve lives and empower communities, enabling better health and caring in the world through an exceptional student learning experience. At the College, our research mission is about co-creating new knowledge which promotes wellbeing, and better care and support, to individuals and communities across the lifespan. We work proactively with industry partners and professional bodies leading to more employable and innovative graduates.
About the Role:
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences is seeking a highly research active and passionate tertiary educator to join our academic staff as a Lecturer in Exercise Science and Clinical Exercise Physiology!
As the Lecturer in Exercise Science and Clinical Exercise Physiology, you will be expected to contribute to the planning and delivery of topics within the suite of undergraduate and/or postgraduate courses. You will make an independent contribution to the review, renewal, development and design of curricula and courses that are attractive to existing and new cohorts of students.
You will also contribute to innovative research that aligns with the Caring Futures Institute (Australia’s first fully dedicated research centre for the study of self‐care and caring solutions). You will provide a significant and high-quality research contribution to the Caring Futures Institute through collaboration, cross-disciplinary research activity, and the strengthening of new partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. You will contribute to innovative research and evaluation through activities such as scholarship, quality publication, external grant acquisition and presentations.
You will have extensive contemporary experience in Biomechanics as it applies to Exercise Science and Clinical Exercise Physiology, and a strong track record of teaching excellence at a tertiary level. With your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, you will maintain strong relationships with diverse staff, students, and industry stakeholders. Your natural ability to collaborate and engage with relevant external professional domains will develop productive partnerships that can provide opportunities for students and promote graduate employability. Your keen attention to detail will allow you to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines while always demonstrating a commitment to high quality service delivery.
To be successful, you will have:
- Completed a PhD or EdD or equivalent qualification in Biomechanics as it applies to Exercise Science and Clinical Exercise Physiology or any one of the following:
- Evidence of peer-reviewed independent research demonstrated to be of an equivalent standard in the discipline area.
- Evidence of professional standing, reputation and qualifications demonstrated to be of an equivalent standard in the discipline area.
- Completion of a higher degree at Masters level or substantial progress towards a doctoral degree in the discipline area.
- Hold and maintain a current membership with Exercise and Sports Science Australia.
- Proven experience and a successful track record in supervision of higher degree students.
- Demonstrated evidence of a strong research track record (for career stage) in an area of strategic research
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them.
So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services , gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA).
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description .
- For more information regarding this position, please contactProfessor Michelle Miller.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
24 Sept 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Number of offers available
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Postal Code
- Bedford Park
Where to apply
Senior Lecturer In Remote Health Practice (Allied Health), Flinders University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Position Details Fixed Term Until December 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level C | $129,818 - $149,331 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Position Description Flinders Rural and Remo...
Indigenous Engagement And Project Officers, Flinders University, Australia, 9 days ago
Position Details 2 x Identified Fixed Term Positions | Full-Time or Part-Time Considered Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $77,686 - $85,736 p.a. One Role Located in Mparntwe (Alice Springs) One ...
Administrative Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 12 days ago
Position Details Fixed Term Until December 2024 | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $77,686 - $85,736 p.a Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Position Description About Flin...
Ict Audio Visual Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 10 days ago
Position Details Fixed Term Until December 2024 | Full-Time (Negotiable) Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $77,686 - $85,736 p.a. Location: Alice Springs/ Arrernte Country View Position Descripti...
Lecturer In Indigenous Knowledges And Culture (Identified), Flinders University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Position Details 2 Fixed Term Positions: 1 Until December 2024 & 1 Until November 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level B | $106,403 - $125,917 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Posit...
Eoi: Clinical Educator: Registered Nurse (Heo 5) Casual Opportunities, University of South Australia, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Expression of interest for casual work Based in UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences at the City East campus $47.82 - $56.49 per hour About the Role Reporting to the Clinical Academic Lead: Horizon ...