8 Sep 2023
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
23 Oct 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time (1.0 FTE), 3 years fixed term contract
- Salary: $104,838 - $123,873 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
This Teaching Academic position is primarily focused on the preparation and delivery of teaching activities within STEM’s undergraduate Engineering programs. You will be responsible for the delivery of the Honours level Capstone project courses which require the students to create a large tender-style document and oral presentation, all prepared as part of a large team. The courses have complex content, and projects are often sourced from industry. You will contribute to the development of curricula and will utilise your discipline-related expertise to deliver high-quality teaching and learning outcomes. You will be responsible for carrying out a range of activities to develop and maintain scholarly expertise related to the Engineering discipline in UniSA STEM unit. You will have a strong industry background but could be from any Engineering discipline. Communication skills and cultural awareness will be at the forefront of your professional attributes.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
About UniSA STEM
UniSA STEM links engineering, mathematics, science, defence and cybersecurity, environmental science, aviation, information technology, construction and project management, harnessing the connections across disciplines to bring big ideas to fruition. Our researchers are solution focused and collaborative to deliver technical expertise and advice to industry, government and community groups to make commercially viable and sustainable impacts. We integrate research into our teaching, with students working alongside researchers in first-class facilities, what’s discovered one day is taught the next. Our graduates are entrepreneurs and trailblazers, who design and build the world they want to live in. UniSA STEM also incorporates leading edge research organisations; the Future Industries Institute, the Australian Research Centre for Interactive and Virtual Environments and the Centre for Industrial Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of engaging, relevant and technology-enhanced curricula for identified programs and courses
- Effectively undertake administrative duties related to teaching activities of identified courses and programs
- Undertake course coordination and/or provide leadership to other academic staff in the teaching team
- Deliver high-quality teaching and implement innovative teaching approaches
Essential Skills and Experience
- A post-graduate qualification in an engineering discipline, or equivalent professional/industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in the development of engineering tender documents, or, experience as part of a large engineering team undertaking a substantial engineering project
- Experience in teaching, including design and preparation of teaching activities and resources
- High-level communication skills including demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with team members, colleagues, and industry stakeholders
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Andrew Sarunic, Manager: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5472.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 23 October 2023
The University of South Australia is committed to the advancement of women in STEM, as such applications from women and gender diverse candidates are strongly encouraged.
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position DescriptionOpens in new window
How to apply:
- Preview Application FormOpens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
- Number of offers available
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Postal Code
- Mawson Lakes
Where to apply
Senior Technical Officer (Heo 5), University of South Australia, Australia, 13 days ago
Based in the UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences Unit at the City West campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 15 October 2025 Salary Band: $74,808 - $88,375 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)...
Research Associate (Level Aras), University of South Australia, Australia, 16 days ago
Open to Australian Aboriginal Peoples and UniSA employees only Two full-time, 12-month fixed term contracts based in the UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences Unit at the City West campus Salary Band...
Study Tour Officer (Heo 5), University of South Australia, Australia, 13 days ago
Open to Australian Aboriginal Peoples and UniSA employees only Part-time (0.4 FTE) fixed term contract until October 2024 based in UniSA International at the City West campus Salary range: $74,808...
Business Analyst: International Admissions Projects (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Based in the UniSA International Unit at the City West campus Full-time, continuing position Commencement Salary: $87,955 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role The Business Analyst: I...
Business Analyst: International Admissions Projects (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, 13 days ago
Based in the UniSA International Unit at the City West campus Full-time, continuing position Salary Band: $87,955 - $96,696 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role The Business Analyst:...
Senior Academic Services Officer (Heo 5), University of South Australia, Australia, 13 days ago
Open to Australian Aboriginal Peoples and UniSA employees only Part-time (0.6FTE), 12-month fixed-term contract based in Clinical and Health Sciences at the City East campus Salary: $74,808 - $88,...