6 Sep 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
1 Oct 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Academic Level B | $106,403 - $125,917 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park / Kaurna Country
- View Position Description
About the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
At the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences we inspire ground-breaking ways of viewing the world. Encompassing teaching and research activities in the creative arts, history, archaeology, social sciences, language, literature and culture, the College aim to bring together high profile interdisciplinary and disciplinary projects dedicated to major cultural, environmental, geographical, historical, and social challenges of our time.
About the Role
Flinders University is seeking a Lecturer in Creative Writing to join the talented and successful Creative Arts academic staff in the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. Working alongside award-winning authors and academics, you will contribute to quality research and to the planning and delivery of topics within the suite of Creative Writing.
The Lecturer will be responsible for the development of teaching materials, delivery of lectures and tutorials, and other innovative teaching and learning strategies. You will also be accountable for:
- Strengthening existing industry partnerships and exploring new partnerships with external stakeholders that can provide improved teaching, learning and research outcomes for the University.
- Delivering inspiring and innovative teaching informed by pedagogical approaches that enhance the student experience and support students with academic or other challenges impeding their academic progress.
- Participating and contributing to ethical, high quality and innovative research through activities such as quality publications (traditional and non-traditional), and external grant acquisition that aligns with the College areas of research strength and focus.
You will be an experienced and passionate tertiary educator, with professional experience in the creative writing industry and a high-level understanding of how the publishing industry operates. The Lecturer in Creative Writing will have a relevant and strong research track record in popular and genre fiction which includes evidence of quality publications and attraction of competitive grants. Ideally, you will have a significant background as an author in Romance fiction and/or Young Adult/Middle Grade fiction.
To be the successful Lecturer, you will possess:
- Completion of a PhD in creative writing or related field.
- Expertise in Romance fiction and/or Young Adult/Middle Grade fiction desirable.
- Evidence of relevant teaching experience at a tertiary level, ideally including responsibility for topic coordination and/or curriculum design.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services , gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Our Commitment to Reconciliation and Indigenous Employment
Flinders University is proud to be an organisation that is committed to our Reconciliation Action Plan and Indigenous Workforce Strategy. Our vision is to be a preferred employer for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We are committed to progressing Indigenous advancement in education, research, employment, and wellbeing, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all Flinders vacancies.
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description .
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Michelle Gander
- Please see here for our Reconciliation Action Plan
- Please see here for our Indigenous Workforce Strategy
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
01 Oct 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Number of offers available
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Postal Code
- Bedford Park
Where to apply
Senior Lecturer In Remote Health Practice (Allied Health), Flinders University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Position Details Fixed Term Until December 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level C | $129,818 - $149,331 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Position Description Flinders Rural and Remo...
Indigenous Engagement And Project Officers, Flinders University, Australia, 10 days ago
Position Details 2 x Identified Fixed Term Positions | Full-Time or Part-Time Considered Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $77,686 - $85,736 p.a. One Role Located in Mparntwe (Alice Springs) One ...
Ict Audio Visual Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 11 days ago
Position Details Fixed Term Until December 2024 | Full-Time (Negotiable) Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $77,686 - $85,736 p.a. Location: Alice Springs/ Arrernte Country View Position Descripti...
Lecturer In Indigenous Knowledges And Culture (Identified), Flinders University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Position Details 2 Fixed Term Positions: 1 Until December 2024 & 1 Until November 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level B | $106,403 - $125,917 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Posit...
Project Officer (Identified), University of Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
2 x Full time Identified Project Officer roles until September 2026 Provide diverse Project Support to the Pro-Vice Chancellor, Indigenous Starting of $95,860 -$103,341 Base + 17% Super + Leave Lo...
Student Services Officer Wirltu Yarlu, University of Adelaide, Australia, 5 days ago
Job no:513039 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Student Services and Learning support, HEO6, Wirltu Yarlu, Indigenous (HE06) $86,360 - $93,285 per annum plus an employer ...