5 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
21 May 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Part-time 0.8 FTE and fixed term until 31 December 2025
- Level B $104,619 - $123,739 + 17% Superannuation (pro rata part time)
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Lecturer will be required to assist in the design of curriculum and learning materials and teach in the area of counselling in an online and face-to-face learning environment. In addition, it is desirable that they undertake research, publish and attract research funding. The appointee will promote the School and maintain links and partnerships with relevant academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School’s teaching, research, and program development.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of course material for new online and face-to-face counselling units
- Teaching in the area of counselling and psychology in general but with a particular focus on counselling at the postgraduate level that is consistent with the University’s principles of teaching, learning and the student experience
- Developing online learning environments that are flexible, student centred and accessible and utilising appropriate technology
- Developing and nurturing links and partnerships with industry, professional bodies and the wider community
- Supervising research, HDR and honours students, ensuring successful completions and the quality of results.
- Maintaining deep discipline knowledge which is applied to inform unit design
- Delivering learner-centric, research-informed teaching practices across different levels / modes of delivery
- Integrating industry, clinical and/or research practice to teaching
- Providing clear assessment criteria and timely feedback to learners to demonstrate learning outcomes
- Engaging in collaborative research projects with colleagues and postgraduate students in one of the School/Faculty’s areas of research strength
- Contributing to research, scholarly publication and the generation of research funding.
- Supporting and may lead in applications for external competitive and other funding, and demonstrates sustained efforts
- Building track record of timely delivery of outcomes for industry partners
- Initiating, designing, conducting and may lead innovation and translation into policies, frameworks, strategy, priority setting and other outcomes to create positive impact
- Supporting attraction of external funding for commercialization and translation activities
- Building portfolio of policy and strategy influence, generation of products, services or other innovations with positive real-world impact
Key selection criteria for this role:
- PhD in a relevant discipline, or Professional doctorate or masters in a relevant field and/or other relevant qualifications and experience
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs, including innovative curriculum design
- Emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications and/or exhibitions and/or success in obtaining external research funding
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues
- Experience in mentoring junior academic staff
- Registered psychologist (AHPRA)and/or counsellor (ACA/PACFA). * Desirable
- Psychology Board of Australia or ACA/PACFA approved supervisor. * Desirable
- Demonstrated effectiveness at building relationships with external organizations/agencies and/or the community. * Desirable
- Demonstrated track record of publications in high quality journals. * Desirable
- Applied for and/or attracted research funding or consultancy income in the area of research strength for the School of Psychology. * Desirable
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Lecturer Counselling - 538896.pdf
Applications for this position close on 21 May 2023.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Infrequent travel may be required e.g between campuses
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please Jane McGillivray, Head of School Psychology, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
- Number of offers available
- DEAKIN UNIVERSITY
Where to apply
Lecturer, Deakin University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545753 Work type:Part-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Health Lecturer Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus 0.8 FTE and continuing Level B $104,619 - $123,739 + 17% ...
Student Wellbeing Liaison, Deakin University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545805 Work type:Part-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Student Services Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Part-time 0.4 (14.7 hours per week) and Continuing HEW 7...
Executive Assistant, Deakin University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:546025 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Marketing and Communications Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and continuing HEW 6 $89,012 - $96...
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer, Finance, Deakin University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:544985 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Business Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus or Geelong Waterfront Full-time and continuing Level B $104,619 ...
Chair In Nursing (Monash Health Partnership), Deakin University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545853 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Health Predominantly based at Monash Health, an office at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus will also be arranged. F...
Support Technician, End User Computing, Deakin University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545784 Work type:Full-time Location:Geelong - City, Melbourne - Burwood, Flexible Categories:Information Technology, Technical Based at either our Melbourne or Geelong Campus Full...