16 Nov 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
28 Nov 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Academic Level B ($105,548 - $125,341 p.a.) + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus
RMIT's Games Program has a strong connection to the local independent Games industry, contributing to culturally impactful games in Australia and beyond. RMIT Games also runs this program at RMIT Vietnam. As a Lecturer in Games, you'll play a pivotal role in expanding our expertise, fostering new relationships, and embracing emerging technologies. This includes developing educational content in growth areas such as Unreal Engine, Godot, AI-driven tools, and game-specific 3D modelling and animation. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to explore extended reality, motion capture, photogrammetry/spatial scanning, and location-based game design.
About the Role
As a Lecturer, you'll contribute to teaching and research within the School, focusing on disciplines aligned with your expertise. Responsibilities include delivering engaging programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, both on-site and online. You'll coordinate courses, collaborate with industry professionals, and mentor students to help them build high-quality portfolios with advanced design and visioning skills. Your role extends to actively promoting the program by establishing connections with academic, industry, and professional communities.
To be successful in this position, you will meet the following Key
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students, especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Qualifications: a PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the School of Design
The School of Design consolidates RMIT's design fields of Communication Design, Industrial Design and Digital Design (animation, games and interactive Design). While maintaining a focus on these disciplines, it embraces innovative approaches to interdisciplinary work. The School works closely with industry, the cultural sector and communities, including research collaborations, internships and partnered studios.
Its industry partners include: ACMI, the National Gallery of Victoria, ANZ Bank, Australia Post, The Olivia Newton John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre, Austin Hospital, Lend Lease, Deloitte Digital, Aurecon, The Melbourne Zoo, to name a few. The School is global facing and engaged in what it does. It delivers programs in Singapore and Vietnam and has a community of PhD researchers based in RMIT Europe and Asia.
Its facilities include:
- Digital Design Studios - brand new animation and games design studios with a state-of-the-art media precinct home to industry-standard technology
- Communication Design Studios - Dedicated studio facilities with state-of-the-art design and printing equipment. Access to photography, editing and production suites for cross-discipline projects;
- Industrial Design Studios - World class industrial design facilities emulating global best practice.
For more information about this school, visit the School homepage here .
RMIT Design 2023 - Program Showcase
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see the Position Description hyperlinked below.
Position Description - Lecturer, Games
We also have two exciting openings for Lecturer, Digital Design (Academic Level B) at our RMIT City Campus. For more details and to apply, visit our RMIT Careers page and search for the corresponding JR number: JR26358
Applications close on Wednesday 6 December 2023 at 11:59 pm.
At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with a disability to apply to RMIT. To discuss adjustment requirements, please contact Kassie (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor), via [email protected] or visit our Careers page for more contact information - https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Number of offers available
- RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Melbourne, Australia
Where to apply
Lecturer, Media (Screen), RMIT University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Overview: Full-Time, Ongoing Position for a Lecturer in Media Salary Academic Level B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the RMIT City campus About the College RMIT’s ...
Entrepreneurial & Innovation Program Lead, RMIT University, Australia, 5 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until December 2025 Salary HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About...
Casual Events Officer, RMIT University, Australia, 3 days ago
Overview: SUMMARY The College of Design and Social Context (DSC) is seeking a Casual Events Officer to support in the planning and execution of Research events including: research conferences, sym...
Peer Mentoring Officer, RMIT University, Australia, 13 days ago
Overview: Part-time, Fixed Term position until 20/09/2024 Salary HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work...
Intelligent Automation Analyst, RMIT University, Australia, 22 days ago
Overview: Intelligent Automation Analyst position available, Part-time 10 months, Fixed Term role. Based at the Melbourne CBD campus (Hybrid role), and Flexible Working Arrangements This is an exc...
Casual Ve Teacher, Building Design, Built Env & Sustainability, RMIT University, Australia, 3 days ago
Overview: Casual VE Sessional Teacher – Sustainable Building Design Casual Sessional, commencing March 2024 Teaching within the Sustainable Building Design Flexible hours per week, based at the Me...