Apply now Job no:532065
Location:Geelong - City, Melbourne - Burwood
- Based at our Geelong, Waterfront Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus
- Full-time and continuing
- Level B $104,619 - $123,739 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
There are three Level B Lecturer positions available. The successful candidates will have experience in teaching foundation/introductory psychology as well as developmental psychology and/or cognitive psychology (please see Bachelor of Psychological Science for information on the types of units in our undergraduate course). They will be required to teach in our large undergraduate courses and have teaching responsibilities as unit chairs and members of well-established teaching teams. The successful candidates will also undertake research and publish in the School’s area of research strength (see School of Psychology research page).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining deep discipline knowledge which is applied to inform unit design
- Leading teaching teams to develop effective unit curricula and learning resources (including through unit leadership roles)
- Adopting new innovation in curriculum design at the unit level
- Delivering learner-centric, research-informed teaching practices across different levels / modes of delivery
- Implementing creative teaching practices to improve student success and engagement
- Providing clear assessment criteria and timely feedback to learners to demonstrate learning outcomes
- Supporting diverse learners by designing accessible and inclusive unit material and practices
- Completing the Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Learning and Teaching
- Building teaching and learning capability related to discipline or pedagogy
- Initiating, designing and conducting and may lead productive, high-quality research, scholarship and creative activities generating high impact outputs
- Engaging collaboratively to develop novel and high-quality research or creative activities
- Widely communicating outputs to discipline(s) and the community
- Ensuring impact of academic activity in the field and the community
- Supporting seeking funding for research and creative activities
- Supporting and may lead in applications for external competitive and other funding, and demonstrates sustained efforts
Key selection criteria for this role:
- PhD in a relevant discipline and/or other relevant qualifications and experience
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in undergraduate psychology programs, particularly in the areas of foundation psychology, developmental psychology, and/or cognitive psychology, including innovative curriculum design
- Experience designing and implementing curricula in online learning contexts, including the use of online educational technologies.
- Experience with large classes, team teaching and managing sessionals is desirable.
- Emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications and/or exhibitions and/or success in obtaining external research funding
- Ability to make a contribution to community engagement for research and teaching
- Capacity to contribute to leadership of teaching, research and/or administration
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Lecturer.pdf
Applications for this position close on 2 December 2022.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Frequent/Regular/Infrequent travel will be required describe further (e.g., interstate or overseas travel is required or regular travel within Victoria, not including between campuses)
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Jac Broadbent, Associate Head of School (Teaching and Learning), via email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised:18 Nov 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:02 Dec 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Tafe Sessional Teacher Western Melbourne English Program (Wmep, Victoria University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Description About Us: Victoria University (VU) Polytechnic is the vocational education (TAFE) division of Victoria University which offers job ready qualifications, upskilling and reskilling f...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Forensic Psychology, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Lecturer for the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science Full time, Continuing Position located in Alphington, Melbourne, Victoria Academic Level B , C or D (102,000 - 165,000) plus 17% superannu...
Clinical Psychologist Counsellor, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Job no: 0032730 Location: Parkville Role type: Full time or Part time (4 days per week); Continuing Department: Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Student and Scholarly Services Salary...
Professorial Fellow, First Episode Psychosis, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Job no: 0057725 Location: Parkville Salary: Professor Level E $204,320 p.a Superannuation: Employer Contribution of 17% Working Hours: Full time 1.0 FTE Basis of Employment: Fixed term 5 years The...
Clinical Placements Officer (Registered Psychologist), Victoria University, Australia, 24 days ago
Job Description This is a part-time position at a HEP 7, $90,891 - $98,385 plus 17% superannuation, classification working 14.7 hours on two days per week over a continuing contract period. Make a...
Senior Lecturer, Strategic Management, La Trobe University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Teaching and Research Full-Time Continuing Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus About the position This position presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a School that has an outstanding r...