- $71,506 to $95,855 pa (ALEVA)
- Fixed-term, Part-time, Mount Lawley Campus
- Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents
MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUS
$71,506 - $95,855 pa (ALEVA)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT, 1 YEAR, PART-TIME, 80% FTE
JANUARY 2020 COMMENCEMENT
WAAPA is a vibrant school of Edith Cowan University, recognised nationally and internationally for the quality of its graduates. The School provides the most comprehensive range of performing arts training in Australia, at vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Our world-class staff, working in state-of-the-art performance and teaching facilities, provide rigorous and specialised training of the highest order – all culminating to help our students realise their artistic dreams.
The Dance Program is looking to attract a highly motivated and dynamic person that will primarily teach into the Dance course, with particular emphasis on Contemporary dance for performance. Being an experienced Contemporary Dance teacher and industry professional – the key responsibilities of the position include:
- Conducting practical classes, demonstrations, workshops and rehearsals
- Preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars, including the production of teaching materials.
- Marking, assessment and consultation with students
- Development of course material with appropriate advice from and support of more senior employees.
- Assist groups and individuals to overcome technical problems in their performance.
The role requires:
- A qualification in an appropriate field or significant demonstrable industry experience
- A Certificate IV in Training & Assessment or the ability to achieve one before end of 2020
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, develop and teach units
- Commitment to and demonstrated achievement of excellence in teaching.
- The development of a choreographic commission every alternate year
- Demonstrated ability to apply community, industry and/or professional collaboration in your teaching performance in an educational setting.
- Professional Standing: demonstrated evidence of recognition as a discipline expert (external to your organisation), e.g. through recipient of prizes and awards; speaker and/or active participation at conferences and/or industry events; participation of and/or a member of an organising external committee; recognised participation in consultancy projects, in addition to the responsibilities detailed in this role statement, academic staff are expected to achieve and maintain the outcomes expected in the ECU Academic Staff Performance Expectations and Outcomes (ASPEO) Framework.
Candidates will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This position attract a remuneration of $71,506 to $95,855 (ALEVA) per annum plus 9.5% University superannuation contribution. Appointment to each level will be offered consummate with level of skills, experience and industry engagement.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services. For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are encouraged to call Ms Susan Peacock (Head of Dance) on (08) 9370 6462 for more information.
How to Apply
Please complete a statement (maximum of 3 pages) addressing the above listed selection criteria and attach with your resume at the end of the online application.
Applications close Sunday 17th November 2019 at 11.30pm (AWST).
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Selection Criteria Opens in new window
Rtp2021 R2 Advanced Composite Coiled Tubing For Mineral, Oil And Gas Drilling, Curtin University, Australia, 4 days ago
Description/Applicant information Coiled tubing (CT) is a continuous tubular product which is spooled on to a reel. Before it is inserted into a wellbore, it is straightened, then bent over the go...
Rtp2021 R2 Assessing And Conserving Cryptobenthic Fauna In Southeast Asia, Curtin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Description/Applicant information Sedimentary habitats cover the majority of the ocean floor and constitute the largest single ecosystem on earth. In the tropics, knowledge about soft sediment ha...
Rtp2021 R2 Colloidal One Dimensional Metal Halide Perovskite Nanocrystals For Optoelectronic Device, Curtin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Description/Applicant information One-dimensional (1D) metal halide perovskite nanorods are emerging as a type of materials with remarkable optical and electronic properties such as linearly polar...
Rtp2021 R2 Discovering Binary And Millisecond Pulsars Using Next Generation Low Frequency Radio Telescope, Curtin University, Australia, 3 days ago
Description/Applicant information Pulsars – rapidly-rotating, highly-magnetized neutron stars that emit beams of radiation like cosmic light houses – are nature’s premier laboratories for advancin...
Rtp2021 R2 Housing Transitions And Spatial Mobility Among Older Australians, Curtin University, Australia, 3 days ago
Description/Applicant information Population ageing is a significant and lasting demographic shift that will usher in major economic and social transitions globally. The youngest of the baby boome...
Rtp2021 R2 An Investigation Of Sustainable Luxury In Australian Architecture, Curtin University, Australia, 3 days ago
Description/Applicant information Following the rise of environmental consciousness, the reuse of building spaces and their remnant landscapes is emerging as a promising approach to achieve sustai...