Job Reference: 797415
School of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
The School of Civil and Mechanical Engineering delivers undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and high-quality research in civil and mechanical engineering. Curtin is recognised internationally as a leader in graduate research studies and for the breadth and quality of its research higher degree programs, and offers Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The School has acquired laboratory facilities worth over $5 million and has a student retention rate 90% retained in School programs, with 93% retained at Curtin, one of the highest student-satisfaction rates across the university.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity exists for a Lecturer to join the discipline of Civil Engineering, specialising in Structural Engineering.
As a Lecturer, you will make significant contributions to teaching and research, and will carry out activities to enhance and develop scholarly activities relevant to the discipline or profession.
You will develop an understanding of the student learning experience through a commitment to high quality, effective teaching practice. This includes the ability to incorporate research, scholarship and/or professional practice into teaching activities.
You will have a clear potential for outstanding contributions in teaching, research and service/leadership, and a thorough knowledge of your subject within the discipline.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills with the ability to liaise with a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders, while also keeping up to date with the needs of engineering industry.
- A PhD or equivalent in related discipline (civil/structural engineering).
- Demonstrated record of achievement or evidence of outstanding potential in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver quality teaching (including lecture/tutorial/workshop/lab demonstration) in the area of structural engineering.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to supervise honours, masters and PhD students.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to establish and maintain professional relationships across the university and externally with industry, government, and professional bodies.
- Demonstrated outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster the development of a collegial and supportive working environment, and to interact with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated research excellence, including a strong record of high-quality refereed journal publications in the discipline/field while considering research output against opportunity
- Potential to attract research income, including nationally competitive research grants and/or fellowships.
- Demonstrated industry experience or potential for industry-driven research.
- Expertise/knowledge in modular structural design under multi-hazards (earthquake, wind and blast etc.) to provide research contribution.
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities
- Vibrant campus with an array of food trucks, coffee shops and restaurants
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services.
- Opportunity for on-going career development
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Please apply on-line with a cover letter and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Applications close: 9:00pm, Tuesday 19th October 2021
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on email@example.com
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers by the Diversity Council of Australia.
- One of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an ‘Elevate’ Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation
- 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019)
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Web Developer Internship, ACS Foundation, Australia, 2 days ago
Perth, WA About Us Curtin University is a highly ranked Australian public research and teaching university. The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy undertakes research into astrophysics, astronom...
Control Systems Engineer Intern, ACS Foundation, Australia, 14 days ago
Perth, WA About Us InSig Technologies is a fast-growing Mining Technology company with a newly created role for a fast learning and enthusiastic Industrial Network Engineer. The role will be based...
Technical Officer (Physical Sciences), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job no:508484 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Technical/Laboratory support Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 5, $72,531 - $80,391 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The ...
Senior Lecturer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job no:508029 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Health and Medical Sciences School of Allied Health Optometry 2 x Level C, full-time appointment on a 3 year fixed term basis Salary r...
Senior Team Leader (Research Management Accounting), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 8 days ago
Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 2 years Salary range: Level 8 $101,337 - $110,766 plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities...
Lecturer In Optometry, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job no:508028 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Health and Medical Sciences School of Allied Health Optometry Level B, full-time appointment on a 3 year fixed term basis Salary range...