- $102,253 to $120,814 pa (ALEVB)
- Ongoing, Full-time, Mount Lawley Campus
- Open to applicants with the relevant working rights
THE WESTERN AUSTRALIAN ACADEMY OF PERFORMING ARTS (WAAPA)
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (ALEVB)
ONGOING, FULL-TIME, MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUS
WAAPA is an internationally renowned arts institution within Edith Cowan University. Alumni from the music courses are found in a multitude of roles within the international music industry, from performers to composers, songwriters, producers and artistic curators. The School provides the most comprehensive range of performing arts training in Australia with Dance, Theatre, Music Theatre and more alongside our Music degrees. Our world class staff provide rigorous and specialised training of the highest order, supporting our students to realise their artistic dreams. The Bachelor of Music is designed to facilitate collaboration across genres, explore artistic individuality and develop fundamental skills of students to enable them to succeed in today’s music industry.
WAAPA Music is looking to attract a highly motivated and dynamic person who is an experienced practitioner and teacher in Contemporary Music (Popular Music).
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Delivering tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops and studio sessions to VET, HE and HD students
- Preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars, including the production of teaching materials
- Marking, assessment and consultation with students
- Development of course material with appropriate support and advice from more senior employees
- Engaging with university software and systems
- PhD, Masters degree, or equivalent industry experience in the field
- Ability to coordinate, develop and teach units at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in Contemporary Music (popular music) studies
- Commitment to and demonstrated achievement of excellence in teaching
- Ability to engage with community and industry to enhance teaching and learning within the department
- Demonstrated ability and portfolio of creative original works
- VET qualifications will need to be attained prior to commencement (CERT IV TAE)
The successful candidate will also benefit from having skills in:
- Studio recording and creative production
- Technology enhanced performance
- Multidisciplinary collaboration
- Modern music business practice
All ECU academic staff are expected to achieve and maintain the outcomes outlined in theECU Academic Staff Performance Expectations and Outcomes (ASPEO) Framework.
Candidates will also demonstrate personal attributes that align with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full-time, Ongoing position attracts a remuneration of $102,253 to $120,814 plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
Visa sponsorship or contribution towards relocation requirements may be negotiated for suitably qualified international and interstate candidates.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff, with an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
How to Apply
Please complete a statement (maximum of 3 pages) addressing the above listed selection criteria and attach your resume at the end of the online application. A maximum of 3 samples of your creative outputs can be attached to the application also.
Interested applicants who would like to discuss the opportunity in further detail may call Dr Jamie Oehlers, Associate Dean Music on 08 6304 6580 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications close on TUESDAY 29 JUNE 2021
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Communications Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 4 days ago
Job Reference: 757346 COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER We are looking for a passionate, proactive, and motivated content creator and social media specialist, technically capable in producing and publishing ...
Associate Professor Audiology Ear Health, Curtin University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job Reference: 725160 ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – AUDIOLOGY Curtin School of Allied Health Curtin’s School of Allied Health offers professionally recognised courses in Exercise and Sport Science, Occupa...
Technician, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 23 days ago
Job no:506992 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology, Student Administration / Support Services, Technical/Laboratory support, Teaching support and design Technicia...
Technician (Digital), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
Job no:506992 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services, Technical/Laboratory support, Teaching support and design School of Humanities / School of...
Project Manager Cathode Precursor Production Plant, Curtin University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job Reference: 753257 About us Consolidating engineering, economics and science capabilities to form WA School of Mines: Minerals, Energy and Chemical Engineering, the School attracts strong indus...
Head, Curtin School Of Nursing Faculty Of Health Sciences , Curtin University ;, Australia, 27 days ago
The Faculty of Health Sciences at Curtin University has started a global search for the next Head of the Curtin School of Nursing. The Faculty, led by Pro Vice-Chancellor Professor Archie Clements...