- Full time, Continuing
- Teaching and Research
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level B – TRP $117,562 - $138,831 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the Position
This position is located in the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT), part of the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences in Melbourne (Bundoora) campus. The school has three departments: Computer Science and Information Technology, Engineering, and Mathematical and Physical Sciences on both Melbourne (Bundoora) and Bendigo campuses. The school hosts three Research Centres: the CISCO Latrobe Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things, the Centre for Technology Infusion (CTI), and the Centre for Materials and Surface Science. In addition, the school also establishes a Cybersecurity Innovation Node which focusses on cybersecurity interdisciplinary research and upskill/reskill training programs.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology undertakes a wide range of teaching and research programs in the area of data science, artificial intelligence, software engineering, cybersecurity, and mobile and wireless networks and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments. The Department is committed to the development and exploration of new and innovative teaching and research programs which drives opportunities for multidisciplinary collaboration across the School/College and the University.
We especially welcome candidates who are able to demonstrate a track record in interdisciplinary applications including digital health, biomedical, and manufacturing domains with strong linkages to industry.
Key areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Computer Vision
- Edge Computing/AI and Embedded AI
- Machine/Deep Learning for the Internet of Things
- Natural Language Processing
- Big Data/Cloud technologies
Skills and Experience
- Design, coordinate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high-quality learning experience that engages undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Design innovative and effective curriculum which reflects developing best practice nationally and internationally, utilising various methodologies including online and blended learning.
- Conduct and publish, or otherwise disseminate high quality and/or high impact research as a member of a team or independently and produce conference/seminar papers and publications from that research.
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated strong experiences of subject coordination and/or lecturing experience at an Australian university.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 5th February, 2023
Position Enquiries: Prakash Veeraraghavan, Acting Professor & Head, Department of Computer Science & IT, Email: P.Veera@latrobe.edu.au , Phone 03 9479 1547
Recruitment Enquiries: Vicki Stavrou, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Email firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone 03 9479 5191
Position Description below:
Lecturer FT continuing-Level-B-Online T&R.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Lecturer, Psychology, RMIT University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Overview: Part-Time or Full-Time, Ongoing position for Lecturer in Psychology Salary Level Academic B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus, but may b...
Technical Officer Medical Devices, RMIT University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until 30/04/2025 Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Support operations of the ‘Discovery to Device’ facility to...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Clinical Pharmacy, RMIT University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Overview: An opportunity now exists to join RMIT’s School of Health and Biomedical Sciences and contribute to the teaching and research growth within Pharmacy 1 x Full time, Fixed Term (from July ...
Cybersecurity Analyst, RMIT University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Overview: Full-time, Casual or Contingent contract until the end of 2023 Fun and collaborative team. Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About the role This is an entry l...
Agriculture Manager, University of Melbourne, Australia, 6 days ago
Job no: 0054378 Location: Mildura Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 12 months Faculty: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Engineer...
Senior Student Advisor, RMIT University, Australia, 10 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus or Bundoora Campus, and hybrid ways of working ...