- 3 Year Fixed Term with Possibility to Convert to Continuing
- Teaching Focused
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level B – TRP $117,562 - $138,831 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the Position
This position is located in the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT), part of the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences in Melbourne (Bundoora) campus. The school has three departments: Computer Science and Information Technology, Engineering, and Mathematical and Physical Sciences on both Melbourne (Bundoora) and Bendigo campuses. The school hosts three Research Centres: the CISCO Latrobe Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things, the Centre for Technology Infusion (CTI), and the Centre for Materials and Surface Science. In addition, the school also establishes a Cybersecurity Innovation Node which focusses on cybersecurity interdisciplinary research and upskill/reskill training programs. The school has a reputation for innovative course design, the maintenance of a supportive student-centered learning environment and an outstanding research profile. The school offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous, attuned to emerging trends and taught by staff at the forefront of their fields.
This position aims to further enhance the Department’s teaching capabilities in the development and delivery of online teaching portfolio at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels in the area of Artificial Intelligence.
Key areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Computer Vision
- Big data/Cloud technologies
We especially welcome candidates who are able to demonstrate teaching track record in interdisciplinary applications with a strong link to industry.
La Trobe is a participant in the Athena SWAN Charter to enhance gender equality in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics disciplines. As such, we especially encourage female applicants to apply.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate effectiveness by taking an evidence-based approach to evaluate learning and teaching initiatives.
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to learning and teaching by contributing to La Trobe’s SOLT including sharing of good practice.
- Initiate, and participate in innovative subject and course level curriculum design (including the embedding of employability capabilities), development and review in online delivery, taking an evidence-based approach to evaluate how these initiatives improve the student experience.
- PhD degree or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in online or blended modes, as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback on teaching surveys, teaching excellence awards or through other forms of evidence.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 5th February, 2023
Position Enquiries: Prakash Veeraraghavan, Acting Professor & Head, Department of Computer Science & IT, Email: P.Veera@latrobe.edu.au , Phone 03 9479 1547
Recruitment Enquiries: Vicki Stavrou, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Email email@example.com , Phone 03 9479 5191
Position Description below:
Lecturer-Online Teaching-Focussed-Fixed Term.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Associate Lecturer, Rural Mental Health Education, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job no: 0056025 Location: Wangaratta Role type: Full time/Part time (0.5 FTE) - one full time role or two part-time roles available; Fixed-term until 31 December 2023 Faculty: Faculty of Medicine,...
Agriculture Manager, University of Melbourne, Australia, 6 days ago
Job no: 0054378 Location: Mildura Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 12 months Faculty: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Engineer...
Deputy Director Of Medical Student Education, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job no: 0051175 Location: Shepparton (This role cannot be performed remotely) Role type: Part time (0.3 - 0.4 FTE); Continuing Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Departmen...
Adoption Officer (Drought Resilience, Adoption And Innovation In Agriculture), University of Melbourne, Australia, 7 days ago
Job no: 0058812 Location: Mildura Role type: Part time; Fixed-term until 28 June 2024 Faculty: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Eng...
Lecturer, Psychology, RMIT University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Overview: Part-Time or Full-Time, Ongoing position for Lecturer in Psychology Salary Level Academic B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus, but may b...
Technical Officer Medical Devices, RMIT University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until 30/04/2025 Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Support operations of the ‘Discovery to Device’ facility to...