Your new role
Technology is having an increasing impact on health care delivery including at the point care and through broader health informatics and decision support. In addition, it is used to enhance both teaching delivery and assessment including through simulation and OSCEs.
We are looking for a health care provider (nurse, allied healthcare provider, pharmacist, doctor) who will ensure the Discipline of Medicine is a leader in the utilisation, research and evaluation of practical skills teaching and the utilisation of technology in curriculum development, delivery and assessment. In addition, this role will facilitate the early adoption of technology in our MBBS course to ensure our students are well positioned to incorporate and utilise current and future technology into their future clinical practice.
In this role you will….
- Inform and support utilisation of technology to enhance teaching delivery (including scenario-based learning, practical skill acquisition, simulation), assessment (including OSCEs) and curriculum development across all MBBS years.
- Develop linkages and collaborations with external stakeholders including health care providers and the health technology industry to ensure the MBBS course reflects both current and future health service current need and emerging technology.
- Support and be directly involved in teaching delivery and assessment involving the understanding and utilisation of technology and simulation
- Support and undertake research into the application of health care technology within the Discipline, with other University Schools and Institutes and in partnership with health services and industry
- Support curriculum development and ensure MBBS course documentation reflects the incorporation of technology appropriately, as directed by the Director of Medical Education.
- Design and contribute to formative and summative assessments as directed by the Director of Medical Program.
- Support external accreditation activities and write reports relating to learning, teaching and assessment.
- Experience in health care education and simulation
- Experience in health care delivery
- Familiarity with the utilisation of technology in health care including but not limited to health informatics, artificial intelligence and decision support, and point of care assessment modalities (e.g. ultrasound)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment
- PhD or equivalent research experience
- Demonstrated ability to generate research outputs and access competitive research funding
- Experience and well-developed understanding of pedagogy and educational practice
You will require current work rights in Australia that match the tenure of this role.Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship situations be considered.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contactProf Graeme Maguire, Associate Dean, Discipline of Medicine, Curtin Medical School
The Curtin Medical School - Discipline of Medicine’s mission is that our graduates be recognised for their commitment to general practice, mental health, and aged care as well as rural, regional and Indigenous health care. It is one of four Disciplines in the Curtin Medical School and is responsible for our five-year undergraduate medical program (MBBS) and an associated, dedicated intercalated research year (BMedSci (Hons)) for selected MBBS students. We welcomed our first cohort of 60 medical students in 2017 and celebrated our first graduating doctors at the end of 2021.
The medical school is based in a dedicated building on the University Bentley campus with tailored clinical teaching and simulation facilities and offers the only undergraduate medical degree in Western Australia. It now enrols 120 new students each year with preferential selection of students with a rural, Indigenous Australian, or disadvantaged background. In addition, the School has nine metropolitan hospital clinical placement sites, health campuses in Midland (Perth) and Kalgoorlie (Goldfields, WA), is a member of Rural Clinical School WA and has close links with metropolitan and rural primary care and other community-based health care providers.
Our vibrant Bentley campus includes a gym, childcare, a medical centre, an art gallery, endless food options including a full-range grocer, beautiful gardens, end-of-trip facilities, good parking and excellent public transport connections.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a CV and cover letter addressing the mandatory requirements and desirable attributes noted above to enable us to assess your suitability for the role.
To view a copy of the generic Academic Role Statement, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: Sunday 11 December 2022, 9PM AWST
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Senior Lecturer (Optometry, Clinic Director), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Job no:513627 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Health and Medical Sciences Optometry, UWA The Clinical Senior Lecturer will lead the establishment and growth of The Eye Health Centr...
Earth Observation Specialist Synthetic Aperture Radar (Sar), The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia, 25 days ago
Acknowledgement of Country CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection...
Digitisation Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 3 days ago
University Library Records, Archives & Digitisation Services Work together as a team in the Digitisation Centre of WA to digitise items from identified Western Australia collections for preservati...
Work, Health And Safety Policy And Training Adviser, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Job no:513673 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Campus / facilities management Campus Management Exciting opportunity to join the UWA Safety and Health team at the University of West...
Senior Research Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Job no:513354 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Research support, Science School of Molecular Sciences Contribute to innovating viticulture in northern Australia Full-time appointme...
Communications & Engagement Coordinator, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 15 days ago
Job no:513552 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing UWA Public Policy Institute Exciting opportunity to lead on communications and engagement for a high pr...