Your new role
Technology is having an increasing impact on health care delivery including at the point care and through broader health informatics and decision support. In addition, it is used to enhance both teaching delivery and assessment including through simulation and OSCEs.
We are looking for a health care provider (nurse, allied healthcare provider, pharmacist, doctor) who will ensure the Discipline of Medicine is a leader in the utilisation, research and evaluation of practical skills teaching and the utilisation of technology in curriculum development, delivery and assessment. In addition, this role will facilitate the early adoption of technology in our MBBS course to ensure our students are well positioned to incorporate and utilise current and future technology into their future clinical practice.
In this role you will….
- Inform and support utilisation of technology to enhance teaching delivery (including scenario-based learning, practical skill acquisition, simulation), assessment (including OSCEs) and curriculum development across all MBBS years.
- Develop linkages and collaborations with external stakeholders including health care providers and the health technology industry to ensure the MBBS course reflects both current and future health service current need and emerging technology.
- Support and be directly involved in teaching delivery and assessment involving the understanding and utilisation of technology and simulation
- Support and undertake research into the application of health care technology within the Discipline, with other University Schools and Institutes and in partnership with health services and industry
- Support curriculum development and ensure MBBS course documentation reflects the incorporation of technology appropriately, as directed by the Director of Medical Education.
- Design and contribute to formative and summative assessments as directed by the Director of Medical Program.
- Support external accreditation activities and write reports relating to learning, teaching and assessment.
- Experience in health care education and simulation
- Experience in health care delivery
- Familiarity with the utilisation of technology in health care including but not limited to health informatics, artificial intelligence and decision support, and point of care assessment modalities (e.g. ultrasound)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment
- PhD or equivalent research experience
- Demonstrated ability to generate research outputs and access competitive research funding
- Experience and well-developed understanding of pedagogy and educational practice
You will require current work rights in Australia that match the tenure of this role.Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship situations be considered.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contactProf Graeme Maguire, Associate Dean, Discipline of Medicine, Curtin Medical School
The Curtin Medical School - Discipline of Medicine’s mission is that our graduates be recognised for their commitment to general practice, mental health, and aged care as well as rural, regional and Indigenous health care. It is one of four Disciplines in the Curtin Medical School and is responsible for our five-year undergraduate medical program (MBBS) and an associated, dedicated intercalated research year (BMedSci (Hons)) for selected MBBS students. We welcomed our first cohort of 60 medical students in 2017 and celebrated our first graduating doctors at the end of 2021.
The medical school is based in a dedicated building on the University Bentley campus with tailored clinical teaching and simulation facilities and offers the only undergraduate medical degree in Western Australia. It now enrols 120 new students each year with preferential selection of students with a rural, Indigenous Australian, or disadvantaged background. In addition, the School has nine metropolitan hospital clinical placement sites, health campuses in Midland (Perth) and Kalgoorlie (Goldfields, WA), is a member of Rural Clinical School WA and has close links with metropolitan and rural primary care and other community-based health care providers.
Our vibrant Bentley campus includes a gym, childcare, a medical centre, an art gallery, endless food options including a full-range grocer, beautiful gardens, end-of-trip facilities, good parking and excellent public transport connections.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a CV and cover letter addressing the mandatory requirements and desirable attributes noted above to enable us to assess your suitability for the role.
To view a copy of the generic Academic Role Statement, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: Sunday 11 December 2022, 9PM AWST
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Senior Lecturer (Primary Care), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Job no:513965 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Health and Medical Sciences UWA Medical School A rare opportunity to develop the curriculum for Primary Care units in a new transnatio...
Ref 2507/22 Professor Of Paediatrics & Child Health, School Of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 13 hours ago
South Western Sydney Location Strategic lead across political and regional boundaries Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position for 5 years Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-l...
Icrar Independent Member And Chair Of Finance And Audit Committee, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Job no:513985 Work type:part time, full time Location:Crawley Categories:Architecture / Landscape and Visual Arts, Arts, Business, Education, Law, Science, Indigenous Studies, Health and Medical S...
Senior Collaboration Analyst, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 8 days ago
$106,877 to $120,376 pa (HEW8) Ongoing. Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents SENIOR COLLABORATION ANALYST DIGITAL AND CAMPUS SER...
Lecturer, Midwifery (Level B), Edith Cowan University, Australia, 8 days ago
$105,832 to $125,043 pa (Level B) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights LECTURER - MIDWIFERY SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY JOONDALUP CAMPUS $105,8...
Research & Innovation Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Job no:513931 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Engineering and Mathematical Sciences School of Engineering Level B, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 3 years Base sala...