Job no: 0053143
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term to June 2024
Department/School: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: UOM 7 – $98,402 – $106,519 p.a. plus 17% super
About the Melbourne School of Education
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) fosters staff productivity, growth and engagement in a collective effort to enrich the contribution that education makes to society. We conduct research and teaching that leads to the transformation of education practice both within and beyond the profession. MGSE stimulates learning that enriches the potential of students from around the world, enabling meaningful careers and profound contributions to communities. We provide research leadership, setting the direction for high-impact, innovative and responsive research that addresses the pressing issues of our time. We lead purposeful engagement with society, sharing our resources and expertise as part of collaborative efforts to build a resilient, equitable and sustainable future.
About the Role
The Learning/Educational Designer will provide expertise, knowledge and skills in relation to the design, development, adoption and delivery to teaching and learning in the MGSE using a range of contemporary technologies in online learning environments.
Under the broad direction of the Director of Digital Engagement at MGSE the Learning/Educational Designer will play a substantive role in advancing the effective use of innovative and engaging learning approaches. The position will use sound instructional principles and methodologies oriented to best practice learning and teaching pedagogies and will be guided by the University’s eLearning Strategy.
The incumbent will use their understanding of emerging technologies to contribute ideas and objects that realise subject and course-level learning designs as innovative, engaging and student-focused course content. The role involves providing a broad range of expert advice, professional learning and resources to enable staff to engage with and embed educational and digital technologies in programs and courses.
The Learning Educational Designer will work as a member of a team to ensure that the MGSE is building capacities of staff and students as outlined in the MGSE Digital Strategy. The Learning/Educational Designer will work closely with disciplinary experts to provide pedagogical advice and support on the design and development of high quality, innovative, technology-enabled programs within the MGSE.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Work in collaboration with MGSE subject coordinators and teaching staff to develop and deliver high quality online, hybrid and blended Learning Management System (LMS) subject spaces and digital technology solutions.
- Plan, develop or work with colleagues to provide relevant and appropriate forms of professional learning.
- Support the design, development, implementation and evaluation of exemplary learning and teaching resources which illustrate best-practice in the provision of learning experiences and the development of learning outcomes.
- Provide expert strategic advice through consultations with relevant groups to support the implementation of MGSE Teaching and Learning strategic objectives.
Confident communicator with high-level organisational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritise workload, work well under pressure to plan, implement, execute and evaluate new initiatives by working independently and also collaboratively as part of a team.
Ideally, you will further have:
- A postgraduate qualification (or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience) in a related area of educational design or the broader field of education with appropriate experience in classroom instruction, curriculum design and assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated understandings of pedagogies, learning theories and design frameworks that underpin and optimise blended, hybrid and online learning and curriculum delivery.
- Expertise and demonstrated experience in using digital technologies and associated TEL platforms to design and produce materials for Learning Management Systems (preferably CANVAS) including experience with designing for a diversity of learners (preferably using universal design principles) relevant to the Higher Education sector.
- Capacity to initiate, develop and make recommendations in relation to learning design in curriculum development, delivery and assessment, and apply these to the development of subject based, high quality learning resources and experiences.
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits .
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages and culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org .Position Description
Senior Lecturer, Software Engineering, Deakin University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Apply now Job no:533586 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Engineering Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and Continuing Level C $127,561 - $146,683 + 17% Su...
Data Analyst, RMIT University, Australia, 6 days ago
Overview: Full-time, 12 Month Fixed Term position Salary HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangement Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About You You wil...
Lecturer, Computer Science And Information Technology, La Trobe University, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Full time, Continuing Teaching and Research Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus Level B – TRP $117,562 - $138,831 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation About the Position This position is l...
Lead Data Analyst, RMIT University, Australia, 4 days ago
Overview: Full-time, 12 Month Fixed Term position Salary HEW 10A + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangement Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About You You w...
Senior Business Analyst, RMIT University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangement Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About You You will work ...
Casual Ve Sessional Teacher – Building Design Jr18291, RMIT University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Overview: Casual VE Sessional Teacher – Building Design About You As a Casual Sessional within Vocational Education, you will be mainly responsible for the delivery of course material, assessing s...