The Scholarship has been established as an equity scholarship to support applicants who are experiencing financial hardship and/or any other educational disadvantage/s. The Scholarship also aims to increase the participation of women in engineering. The Scholarship is open to applicants commencing a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice or any of the combined degrees as stated in clause 5 and with a major in either Mechanical, Mechatronics or Mechanical and Mechatronics. It is open to both current and non-current school leavers.
Please read the Conditions of Award Conditions of Award.
Value and duration
Two (2) recipients will be awarded the Scholarship and at least one Recipient must be a female. Each Recipient will receive $20,000 per year for the Scholarship’s maximum duration 5 years. The maximum value of the Scholarship to each Recipient is $100,000.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be commencing their first year of an undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice course or any combined Engineering degree at UTS as specified in Conditions of Award:
- Be majoring or intending to major in either Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering; and
- Be an Australian citizen; and
- Be either a current or non-current school leaver with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 80 (including bonus points) or above. Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants will be considered with an ATAR (or equivalent of 69 or above) or where such applicants have been made an offer through the Jumbunna direct entry scheme; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship be in full-time enrolment2 in the chosen Bachelor of Engineering(Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice course or combined Engineering degree at UTS as set out above; and
- Must apply using the UTS online Engineering Scholarships Application form; and
- Must personally attend an interview as provided in Clause 7; and
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage by applying through UAC for an Equity Scholarship or for the Educational Access Scheme and/or other equity circumstances including but not limited:
- Sole parents
- Disability/long-term medical condition
- English language difficulty (from non-English speaking backgrounds)
- Indigenous Australian
- Regional or remote disadvantage
Applicants are interviewed and selected based on:
- Evidence of financial need and/or other equity circumstances as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application or the Educational Access Scheme. Alternative, applicants can submit a personal statement with supporting documentation.
- Evidence of other educational barriers, as stated above
- Academic merit in the academic qualification used as basis of admission
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen Engineering course, as indicated in the scholarship application and interview
- Demonstrated initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview.
- Provision of a written reference on official school/organisation letterhead from an independent (non-family/friend) person who can provide informed comment about the applicant’s achievements and how they meet the selection criteria.
How to apply
All applicants must submit an application form in order to be considered for this scholarship. You will be asked to attach a Word or pdf document containing your persuasive statement in the application form.
Scholarship applications close at 11pm Monday 2nd October 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Opening date: 25 August 2017
Closing date: 02 October 2017
Westland Milk Products University Scholarships, Massey University, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Closing date: to be announced The purpose of the Scholarships Programme is to ensure the Company has suitably qualified staff to enable it to meet the challenges of product development and process...
Harris Stratex Networks Graduate Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 9 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced Harris Stratex Networks is a successful hi-tech company that designs and manufactures telecommunications products for the global cellular and wireless...
Smart Kids Graduate Literacy Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Closing date: to be announced Purpose The scholarship was established in 2007 and is financed by Smart Kids, a leading international educational publisher of hands-on teaching materials. The main ...
Industry Scholarship In Agriculture And Horticulture, Massey University, New Zealand, 9 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced These scholarships are offered annually through Massey University by sponsoring companies to encourage partnerships between companies operating in the...
Institute Of Professional Engineers New Zealand Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 9 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced This award is offered by the Wellington Branch of the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ) and is open to students undertaking fu...
Fisher Funds Management Ltd & Nz Shareholders Association Research Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 9 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced NOTE: Closing date has been extended to 31 October 2008. 1. Purpose The Fisher Funds Management Ltd and New Zealand Shareholders Association Scholarsh...