The Scholarship has been established as an equity scholarship to support applicants who are experiencing financial hardship and/or any other educational disadvantage/s. The Scholarship also aims to increase the participation of women in engineering. The Scholarship is open to applicants commencing a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice or any of the combined degrees as stated in clause 5 and with a major in either Mechanical, Mechatronics or Mechanical and Mechatronics. It is open to both current and non-current school leavers.
Please read the Conditions of Award Conditions of Award.
Value and duration
Two (2) recipients will be awarded the Scholarship and at least one Recipient must be a female. Each Recipient will receive $20,000 per year for the Scholarship’s maximum duration 5 years. The maximum value of the Scholarship to each Recipient is $100,000.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be commencing their first year of an undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice course or any combined Engineering degree at UTS as specified in Conditions of Award:
- Be majoring or intending to major in either Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering; and
- Be an Australian citizen; and
- Be either a current or non-current school leaver with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 80 (including bonus points) or above. Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants will be considered with an ATAR (or equivalent of 69 or above) or where such applicants have been made an offer through the Jumbunna direct entry scheme; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship be in full-time enrolment2 in the chosen Bachelor of Engineering(Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice course or combined Engineering degree at UTS as set out above; and
- Must apply using the UTS online Engineering Scholarships Application form; and
- Must personally attend an interview as provided in Clause 7; and
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage by applying through UAC for an Equity Scholarship or for the Educational Access Scheme and/or other equity circumstances including but not limited:
- Sole parents
- Disability/long-term medical condition
- English language difficulty (from non-English speaking backgrounds)
- Indigenous Australian
- Regional or remote disadvantage
Applicants are interviewed and selected based on:
- Evidence of financial need and/or other equity circumstances as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application or the Educational Access Scheme. Alternative, applicants can submit a personal statement with supporting documentation.
- Evidence of other educational barriers, as stated above
- Academic merit in the academic qualification used as basis of admission
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen Engineering course, as indicated in the scholarship application and interview
- Demonstrated initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview.
- Provision of a written reference on official school/organisation letterhead from an independent (non-family/friend) person who can provide informed comment about the applicant’s achievements and how they meet the selection criteria.
Opening date: 25 August 2017
Closing date: 06 October 2017
Postgraduate Research Scholarship In Atomic Probing Of Geological Samples, University of Sydney, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Funding Body: Department/School Title: Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Atomic Probing of Geological Samples Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: The ...
Associate Lecturer In Electronic And Mechatronic Engineering, La Trobe University, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Full-time, Continuing position Located at Bendigo Campus $63,521 - $86,205 per annum + up to 17% superannuation About La Trobe La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed t...
Full Time Position As Reseach & Teaching Assistant (Ph D / Post Doc) For "Agile Development Of Mechatronic Systems/Products", Technische Universität München, Germany, 11 days ago
27.10.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are offering a full time position as reseach & teaching assistant (PhD/Postdoc) in our lab at Garching/Munich for "Agile Development of Mechatronic Syste...
Postgraduate Research Scholarship In Social Thermodynamics, University of Sydney, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Funding Body: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies Title: Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Social Thermodynamics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Researc...
Dean’s Faculty Of Engineering And Information Technologies Ph D Scholarship For Vietnam, University of Sydney, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Funding Body: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies Title: Dean’s Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies PhD Scholarship for Vietnam Research Areas: Sciences & Engineeri...
Fine Mapping And Cloning Leaf Rust Resistance Genes In Barley Industry Supplementary Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Funding Body: Grains and Research Department Corporation Title: Fine Mapping and Cloning Leaf Rust Resistance Genes in Barley Industry Supplementary Scholarship Research Areas: Sciences & Engineer...