The Scholarship has been established as an equity scholarship to support applicants who are experiencing financial hardship and/or any other educational disadvantage/s. The Scholarship also aims to increase the participation of women in engineering. The Scholarship is open to applicants commencing a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice or any of the combined degrees as stated in clause 5 and with a major in either Mechanical, Mechatronics or Mechanical and Mechatronics. It is open to both current and non-current school leavers.
Please read the Conditions of Award Conditions of Award.
Value and duration
Two (2) recipients will be awarded the Scholarship and at least one Recipient must be a female. Each Recipient will receive $20,000 per year for the Scholarship’s maximum duration 5 years. The maximum value of the Scholarship to each Recipient is $100,000.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be commencing their first year of an undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice course or any combined Engineering degree at UTS as specified in Conditions of Award:
- Be majoring or intending to major in either Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering; and
- Be an Australian citizen; and
- Be either a current or non-current school leaver with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 80 (including bonus points) or above. Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants will be considered with an ATAR (or equivalent of 69 or above) or where such applicants have been made an offer through the Jumbunna direct entry scheme; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship be in full-time enrolment2 in the chosen Bachelor of Engineering(Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice course or combined Engineering degree at UTS as set out above; and
- Must apply using the UTS online Engineering Scholarships Application form; and
- Must personally attend an interview as provided in Clause 7; and
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage by applying through UAC for an Equity Scholarship or for the Educational Access Scheme and/or other equity circumstances including but not limited:
- Sole parents
- Disability/long-term medical condition
- English language difficulty (from non-English speaking backgrounds)
- Indigenous Australian
- Regional or remote disadvantage
Applicants are interviewed and selected based on:
- Evidence of financial need and/or other equity circumstances as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application or the Educational Access Scheme. Alternative, applicants can submit a personal statement with supporting documentation.
- Evidence of other educational barriers, as stated above
- Academic merit in the academic qualification used as basis of admission
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen Engineering course, as indicated in the scholarship application and interview
- Demonstrated initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview.
- Provision of a written reference on official school/organisation letterhead from an independent (non-family/friend) person who can provide informed comment about the applicant’s achievements and how they meet the selection criteria.
Opening date: 25 August 2017
Closing date: 06 October 2017
Auckland Centre For Financial Research Doctoral Research Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 17 days ago
Closing date: 31/08/2018 Re-opened to August 2018 Value of Award: Annual Stipend NZ$25,000 Tuition fees plus student levies No. of awards: One Tenure: The tenure of the scholarship is for up to th...
Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Engineering (Robotics And Mechatronics Engineering) , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
RMIT Vietnam , an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for stu...
Lecturer In Mechanical Engineering , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Job Purpose To pursue high quality teaching in Mechanical Engineering at all undergraduate and postgraduate levels, pursue scholarship, and carry out allocated administrative tasks. Main Duties an...
Smart Monitoring And Prediction Of Generator And Drive Motor Temperature , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Overheating of electrical machines leads to rapid failure. Hence, the main limitation on electrical generators and drive is a temperature limit, which is generally enforced with an electrical fuse...
Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor, Software Engineering , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
RMIT Vietnam RMIT Vietnam , an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional tra...
Assistant Professor At The Department Of Strength Of Materials And Structures At Lodz University Of..., Lodz University of Technology, Poland, 5 days ago
Field: Experience in conducting lectures and tutorials on subjects such as strength of materials, mechanics of composites, and finite element methods for all specialisations on Faculty of Mechanic...