The Scholarship has been established as an equity scholarship to support applicants who are experiencing financial hardship and/or any other educational disadvantage/s. The Scholarship also aims to increase the participation of women in engineering. The Scholarship is open to applicants commencing a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice or any of the combined degrees as stated in clause 5 and with a major in either Mechanical, Mechatronics or Mechanical and Mechatronics. It is open to both current and non-current school leavers.
Please read the Conditions of Award Conditions of Award.
Value and duration
Two (2) recipients will be awarded the Scholarship and at least one Recipient must be a female. Each Recipient will receive $20,000 per year for the Scholarship’s maximum duration 5 years. The maximum value of the Scholarship to each Recipient is $100,000.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be commencing their first year of an undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice course or any combined Engineering degree at UTS as specified in Conditions of Award:
- Be majoring or intending to major in either Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering; and
- Be an Australian citizen; and
- Be either a current or non-current school leaver with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 80 (including bonus points) or above. Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants will be considered with an ATAR (or equivalent of 69 or above) or where such applicants have been made an offer through the Jumbunna direct entry scheme; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship be in full-time enrolment2 in the chosen Bachelor of Engineering(Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice course or combined Engineering degree at UTS as set out above; and
- Must apply using the UTS online Engineering Scholarships Application form; and
- Must personally attend an interview as provided in Clause 7; and
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage by applying through UAC for an Equity Scholarship or for the Educational Access Scheme and/or other equity circumstances including but not limited:
- Sole parents
- Disability/long-term medical condition
- English language difficulty (from non-English speaking backgrounds)
- Indigenous Australian
- Regional or remote disadvantage
Applicants are interviewed and selected based on:
- Evidence of financial need and/or other equity circumstances as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application or the Educational Access Scheme. Alternative, applicants can submit a personal statement with supporting documentation.
- Evidence of other educational barriers, as stated above
- Academic merit in the academic qualification used as basis of admission
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen Engineering course, as indicated in the scholarship application and interview
- Demonstrated initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview.
- Provision of a written reference on official school/organisation letterhead from an independent (non-family/friend) person who can provide informed comment about the applicant’s achievements and how they meet the selection criteria.
Opening date: 25 August 2017
Closing date: 06 October 2017
Maori Education Trust: Rose Hellaby Postgraduate Scholarship , Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Closing date: 06/04/2018 Applications close at 4.30 pm, Friday, 6 Paenga-whāwhā (April) 2018. Value of Award: Up to $30,000 No. of awards: 2 Tenure: Up to 3 years The Rose Hellaby Postgraduate Sch...
Communication Studies Postgraduate Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Closing date: 19/02/2018 Also available 19 February 2018. Value of Award: A contribution of $6,000 pro rata ofull PhD tuition fees. No. of awards: Determined annually. Tenure: One year. Previous r...
Professor, Cracow University of Technology, Institute of Automobiles and Combustion Engines, Poland, 29 days ago
Cracow University of Technology announces the open competition for the position of Professor in the Combustion Engines and Mechatronics Chair in the Institute of Automotive Vehicles and Internal C...
Advanced Security Group Business Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Closing date: 05/02/2018 5 Feb 2018 Value of Award: Tuition fees Up to the value of $5000 No. of awards: One scholarship Tenure: One year of full-time study in the Bachelor of Business programme. ...
Postgraduate Research Scholarship In Mental Health, Technology, Industry And Innovation, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Funding Body: Co-funded between the Faculty of Health Sciences and Project Synergy Research and Development Group Title: Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Mental Health, Technology, Industry an...
Adjunct, West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin, Poland, 10 days ago
Skip to main content EURAXESS EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion Toggle navigation Jobs & Funding More Working environment Charter & Code for Researchers Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HR...