Insurance Services Adviser
Job No.: 651285
Location: 211 Wellington Road, Mulgrave
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration:$100,173 - $109,871 pa HEW Level 07 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Amplify your impact at a world top 50 University
- Join our inclusive, collaborative community
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas - and the people who discover them
At Monash , work feels different. There’s a sense of belonging, from contributing to something groundbreaking – a place where great things happen.
We value difference and diversity , and welcome and celebrate everyone's contributions, lived experience and expertise. That’s why we champion an inclusive and respectful workplace culture where everyone is supported to succeed.
Learn more about Monash .
The Office of the Senior Vice-President Finance and Chief Financial Officer is one of the professional services portfolios supporting the University's core businesses of education and research. We provide best practice financial advice and services to the University. These include financial accounting, taxation, budgeting and reporting, procurement to payments, research and revenue accounting, business strategy, the University's banking relationships, investment funds and borrowings, insurance and the management of major projects with complex financial and legal dimensions. For more information on the work we do, please visit our website .
The Monash Insurance Office (MIO) manages the University’s insurance program and provides advice on all insurance matters to various stakeholders, including staff and students.
Reporting to the Senior Insurance Specialist, the Insurance Services Adviser will provide a range of specialist insurance services to support the insurance office. The position will work closely with business units across the University to deliver a risk transfer mechanism that meets University objectives.
More specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Providing specialist advice and management of the insurance roller account
- Work with external brokers to prepare, validate and process premium invoices and provide certificates of currency to business units as requested
- Provide support to senior management, planning and working groups in relation to the annual insurance program renewal process and preparation of the renewal underwriting submissions in the area of specialisation
- Build successful partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to provide tactical advice that is aligned to the University's activities and risk management framework, and be a reliable point of contact in accordance with the University policies, procedures and strategic priorities
As the successful candidate you will have:
- A degree in finance/accounting or relevant discipline, a Senior Associate Certified Insurance Professional with ANZIIF, or extensive relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in Corporate insurance administration and claims management with a focus on excellence in customer service
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry and its regulatory requirement
- Excellent relationships management and consulting skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders
- Highly developed planning and time management skills, with ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
Diversity is one of our greatest strengths at Monash. We encourage applications from First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and people of all genders, sexualities, and age groups.
Be part of our story. Work with us to #ChangeIt .
Monash avidly supports flexible and hybrid working arrangements. We have a range of policies in place enabling staff to combine work and personal commitments more easily .
The successful applicant will need to possess a current valid Police Check.
For instructions on how to apply, please refer to 'How to apply for Monash Jobs '.
Mrs Sylvia Sakwa, Manager - Insurance Services, +61 3 9905 6368
Insurance Services Adviser
Sunday 25 June 2023, 11:55pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce
Accountant, Deakin University, Australia, 16 days ago
Apply now Job no:545217 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Finance Flexible location Fixed term and Full-time with possibility of an extension HEW 7 $94,173 - $103,694 + 1...
Management Accountant, Deakin University, Australia, 5 days ago
Apply now Job no:545407 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Finance Flexible location, Burwood or Geelong Full-time and continuing HEW 8 - $105,612 - $120,918 + 17% Superan...
Finance Officer, Contract Revenue, RMIT University, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based ...
Senior Finance Business Partner Arts, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Job no: 0051913 Location: Parkville Role type: Full-time; Continuing Department/School: The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group Salary: UOM 9 - $134,320 - $139,749 p.a. plus 17% super Mentor and s...
Assistant Accountant (Research), Deakin University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545758 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Finance Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and fixed term HEW 6 $85,588 - $92,428 + 17% Superannua...
Senior Coordinator, Research Policy, Integrity & Quality Assurance, La Trobe University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Full Time, Continuing / located at La Trobe University’s Bundoora Campus Generous package, including 17% Superannuation and a range of employee benefits Demonstrate superior knowledge managing the...