- Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time fixed term contract until 22 December 2023
- Commencement Salary: $84,539 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
We are seeking an ICT Support specialist to be part of a virtual team focused on suburban and regional campus IT support and contribute to the University Standard Operating Environment and staff desktop computer support. You will use your technical expertise to provide significant input to the team in the development, support and maintenance of teaching technologies including Audio Visual equipment and the General Purpose Computer Pools in addition to resolving most of the complex technical faults escalated from the IT Help Desk.
Using well developed interpersonal
skills, you will work closely with other ISTS teams, Academic and
professional staff at all levels and students to resolve problems
(incidents/issues) and provide Information Communication Technology
(ICT) second level support.
About UniSA’s Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS)
Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS) has the primary strategic and operational responsibility for the provision of the university’s digital environment and ICT services. ISTS consists of approximately 170 staff in 10 key areas who contribute to UniSA’s strategic goals and objectives and provide University wide ICT support for staff and students.
The University’s IT Campus Support Teams provide at-elbow support for end user computing, telephony and audio-visual systems used by staff and students. These teams provide second level technical design, installation and support services for a range of technologies including wireless network connectivity, end user computing device used for teaching, learning and research, computer laboratories and printing.
The environment encompasses a complex and diverse range of technologies including Windows and Apple systems and applications, and discipline specific applications. These are encompassed in the Standard Operating Environment and thin client applications for staff and students.
- Develop, support and maintain designated information technologies, services or applications using well developed technical skills and initiative
- Support teaching technologies including, computing pools, the standard desktop environment, mobile computing and telephony devices and associated services
- Respond promptly and professionally to incident reports and resolve technical faults reported by staff and students as escalated by the IT Help Desk
- Provide a technical reference point within the Service support team by assisting junior Information Technologists with technical issues
Essential Skills and Experience
- Substantial relevant professional information technology experience in the development, support and documentation of MS Windows and Apple based end user computing devices with a standard operating environment (SOE) in a complex, networked environment
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, a high level of customer service
- Understanding of contemporary information technologies, including audio-visual equipment, networked end user computing applications including Office365 and networked services
- Experience in a networked computing environment including IP networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, internet, wireless networks and application of security techniques, dialup/broadband network connections and telephony
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description
and to apply, please visit Working
at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific
selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4402.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday
10 October 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to view the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Manager, Research Projects Management, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 20 days ago
Continuing position based in Research and Innovation Services at the UniSA Enterprise Hub, City West campus Strategic management of research data and systems and project management of post-award r...
Lecturer, Electrical Engineering (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 13 days ago
Based in UniSA Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 8 December 2023 Commencement Salary: $104,838 per annum (plus 17% sup...
Lecturer In Medical Sonography, Academic Level A/B, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
Based in the UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Unit at the City East campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 20 November 2025 Commencement Salary: $93,165 (Level A) or $104,838 (Level ...
Information And Communication Technology (Ict) Service Centre Consultant, University of Sydney, Australia, 7 days ago
Full time role, continuing role Excellent opportunity to join our Shared Service Centre and contribute to the outstanding service provided by our ICT Specialists Base Salary $79’717 + 17% superann...
Application Middleware Specialist, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Full time continuing role The Application Middleware Specialist role provides management and technical expertise for application middleware components and the associated environments. Base Salary ...
Innovation Engineer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Two Full time fixed term roles until November 2024 The Innovation Engineer is a key contributor and collaborator at ICT’s TechLab, across a breadth of initiatives including innovation projects for...