- Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Flexible working conditions and generous leave arrangements available
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Cyber Security specialist to join the cyber security team and contribute to the proactive management of security threats and risks to the University’s computers, networks and data and supports technologies that provide cyber security protection, detection, response, and recovery.
You will support the manager to educate all staff in awareness of cyber security issues, ensure staff are trained in good cyber security practice and are storing and managing data in accordance with the University’s data classification policy. You will also contribute to the implementation and operationalisation of innovative projects and new cyber security solutions.
About UniSA’s Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS)
ISTS has the primary strategic and operational responsibility for the provision of the university’s digital environment and ICT services. ISTS consists of approximately 180 staff in 9 key areas who contribute to UniSA’s strategic goals and objectives and provide University wide ICT support for staff and students.
The University’s Cyber Security team is one of the 9 key areas within ISTS and works with a wide range of stakeholders across the University to ensure all staff are aware of cyber security issues and good cyber security practice and are storing and managing data in accordance with the University’s data classification policy.
- Day-to-day operational tasks including daily checks on IT security monitoring, detection and protection technologies
- Proactively monitor potential IT risks pertaining to data, transmission, identification and authentication, architecture/environmental and application and escalate as appropriate
- Monitor, analyse and report on security issues within the University environment
- Develop processes and methods to automate repetitive tasks or tools to enhance support of the cyber security environment
- Contribute to various projects related to Cyber Security
Essential Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in the administration of specific technologies associated with cyber security including vulnerability management, endpoint protection, access management, cyber security awareness training and security operations
- Extensive experience in the development and application of cyber security controls at the operating system, application and network levels in a complex information technology environment
- Demonstrated considerable experience in the management of responses to cyber security incidents
- Knowledge and experience in the application of Cyber Security and Risk Management Frameworks
- Experience and a commitment to a high level of customer service and to working collaboratively in a team-based environment
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4415.
Applications close: 11.30pm Tuesday 18 October 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Lecturer In Medical Sonography, Academic Level A/B, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
Based in the UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Unit at the City East campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 20 November 2025 Commencement Salary: $93,165 (Level A) or $104,838 (Level ...
Lecturer, Electrical Engineering (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
Based in UniSA Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 8 December 2023 Commencement Salary: $104,838 per annum (plus 17% sup...
Application Middleware Specialist, University of Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Full time continuing role The Application Middleware Specialist role provides management and technical expertise for application middleware components and the associated environments. Base Salary ...
Call For Expressions Of Interest – Multiple Academic And Engineering Roles With Defence Trailblazer, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Job no:511084 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology Call for Expressions of Interest – Multiple Academic and Engineering roles...
Ict Service Centre Consultant, University of Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
x6 Full time, 6 month fixed term roles available Excellent opportunity to join our Shared Service Centre and contribute to the outstanding service provided by our ICT Specialists Base Salary $79’7...
Innovation Engineer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Two Full time fixed term roles until November 2024 The Innovation Engineer is a key contributor and collaborator at ICT’s TechLab, across a breadth of initiatives including innovation projects for...