- Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Flexible working conditions and generous leave arrangements available
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Cyber Security specialist to join the cyber security team and contribute to the proactive management of security threats and risks to the University’s computers, networks and data and supports technologies that provide cyber security protection, detection, response, and recovery.
You will support the manager to educate all staff in awareness of cyber security issues, ensure staff are trained in good cyber security practice and are storing and managing data in accordance with the University’s data classification policy. You will also contribute to the implementation and operationalisation of innovative projects and new cyber security solutions.
About UniSA’s Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS)
ISTS has the primary strategic and operational responsibility for the provision of the university’s digital environment and ICT services. ISTS consists of approximately 180 staff in 9 key areas who contribute to UniSA’s strategic goals and objectives and provide University wide ICT support for staff and students.
The University’s Cyber Security team is one of the 9 key areas within ISTS and works with a wide range of stakeholders across the University to ensure all staff are aware of cyber security issues and good cyber security practice and are storing and managing data in accordance with the University’s data classification policy.
- Day-to-day operational tasks including daily checks on IT security monitoring, detection and protection technologies
- Proactively monitor potential IT risks pertaining to data, transmission, identification and authentication, architecture/environmental and application and escalate as appropriate
- Monitor, analyse and report on security issues within the University environment
- Develop processes and methods to automate repetitive tasks or tools to enhance support of the cyber security environment
- Contribute to various projects related to Cyber Security
Essential Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in the administration of specific technologies associated with cyber security including vulnerability management, endpoint protection, access management, cyber security awareness training and security operations
- Extensive experience in the development and application of cyber security controls at the operating system, application and network levels in a complex information technology environment
- Demonstrated considerable experience in the management of responses to cyber security incidents
- Knowledge and experience in the application of Cyber Security and Risk Management Frameworks
- Experience and a commitment to a high level of customer service and to working collaboratively in a team-based environment
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4415.
Applications close: 11.30pm Tuesday 18 October 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Chief Information Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 21 hours ago
The University of Sydney will be supported in its search for this appointment by the executive search firm Odgers Berndtson. To submit your application, please visit www.odgers.com/88094 . Please...
Portfolio Manager Workforce Programs, Defence Trailblazer For Concept To Sovereign Capability, University of Adelaide, Australia, 3 days ago
Job no:511295 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:HEO10, Management (HEO10) $131,306 - $139,945 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation applies. Full ...
It Support Technician 4, University of Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
2x Continuing and 2x Fixed Term Full Time positions available The IT Support Technician – Field Services a key customer interface for ICT’s delivery of quality client technology services. Base Sal...
Senior Ids Cloud And Infrastructure Specialist, Flinders University, Australia, 1 day ago
JR0000006480 Continuing | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 8 | $102,143 - $113,079 p.a. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About the Information and Digital Services Informat...
Recruitment Consultant Ict, University of Sydney, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Full time, fixed term opportunity for an experienced ICT Recruitment Professional Working within the exciting Faculty of Information and Technology to deliver exceptional client and candidate care...
Ids Cloud & Infrastructure Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 1 day ago
JR0000006475 Continuing | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 6 | $82,923 - $88,414 p.a. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About the Information and Digital Services Informatio...