- Based in the Information Strategy & Technology Services Unit at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Commencement Salary: $84,539 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The Information Technologist: Asset Support is responsible for the technology required (including software and database management) to implement and manage the entire life cycle for IT assets across the University associated with end user computing and for providing technical advice on appropriate technologies for different business areas.
The Information Technologist: Asset
Support will ensure that standardised software and hardware
configurations are produced to assist the streamlining of efficient
support where feasible.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS), which has the primary
strategic and operational responsibility for the provision of the
UniSA’s considerable IT infrastructure and services has approximately
150 staff in 9 key areas.
Information Strategy and Technology Services contributes to the University’s strategic goals and objectives by providing:
- University wide IT support for staff and students;
- technical support, development and
- communication services such as fixed and wireless data networks, telephone systems, voicemail, and high speed access to the internet;
- collaboration facilities such as email, calendaring, video and audio conferencing, instant messaging and document sharing;
- over 2,700 on campus computers for students;
- teaching technology in general purpose teaching spaces; and
- central infrastructure (servers, data storage and data centres)
- technical support, development and management of information systems which support online teaching and learning, research management and research education, student experience, administration, data integration and business intelligence, the staff and student portals, and the corporate web;
- identification and management of ICT based risks and disaster recovery planning;
- technical project management services for major, University wide ITC projects;
- management of University wide hardware and software purchasing arrangements; and
- development, maintenance and communication of policies, procedures and guidelines for the use of information technology within the university.
ISTS is customer focussed and operated a service management framework based on AS8018 and provides seamless 24 x 7 x 52 service to students and staff. Information Strategy and Technology Services has a commitment to staff development and provides a professional environment in which to work.
The University’s IT Support Services environment encompasses a complex and diverse range of technologies including Windows systems and applications, niche technologies such as Apple Computer systems and discipline specific applications. These are encompassed in the Standard Operating Environment and thin client applications for staff and students.
- Coordinate the systematic approach of the lifecycle from the procurement and disposal of IT assets (software & hardware) relating to the end user computing devices
- Develop, support and maintain designated information technologies, services or applications using well developed technical skills and initiative under limited guidance of a senior information technologist
- Ensure processes relating to IT (hardware and software) asset life cycle are documented and maintained to ensure asset details are accurately recorded
- Network with ISTS staff and end users (including researchers) to ensure that technical advice is accurate and fit for purpose with consideration of any changes in the environment
- Document designated technologies, services or applications
Essential Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (normally a degree) or equivalent knowledge and skills in an information technology environment
- Significant relevant professional information technology experience in the development, support and documentation of a MS Windows based workstation Standard Operating Environment in a complex, networked environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of software licensing requirements and procedures
- Practical knowledge and demonstrated experience of the ITIL Service Management Framework, particularly in relation to asset management and the Configuration Management Database
- Demonstrated experience in Excel and Database query and reporting tools to produce complex reports to inform business strategy and decision making
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description
and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form
will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Emma Kelvin, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 0482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4426.
Applications close: 11.30pm Tuesday 18 October 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian
or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have
the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Lecturer, Electrical Engineering (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 13 days ago
Based in UniSA Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 8 December 2023 Commencement Salary: $104,838 per annum (plus 17% sup...
Manager, Research Projects Management, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 20 days ago
Continuing position based in Research and Innovation Services at the UniSA Enterprise Hub, City West campus Strategic management of research data and systems and project management of post-award r...
Lecturer In Medical Sonography, Academic Level A/B, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
Based in the UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Unit at the City East campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 20 November 2025 Commencement Salary: $93,165 (Level A) or $104,838 (Level ...
Lecturer (B/C) In Software Engineering School Of Computer Science, University of Adelaide, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:510964 Work type:Continuing - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology Level B/C (Level B - $102,952 - $121,779, Level C- $125,537 - $144,368 per...
Solicitor (Ip, Commercial & Research), University of Sydney, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Full time fixed term until March 2024 (with the possibility of extension) Develop your career in intellectual property and commercialisation in a dynamic environment Offering a competitive remuner...
Mechatronic Engineer, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Job no:511078 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Technical, Laboratory and Research Support, HEO7 (HEO7) $91,187 - $101,989 per annum plus an employer contribution of up t...