25 Aug 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
3 Sep 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $77,686 - $85,736 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park / Kaurna Country
- View Position Description
About the Office of Graduate Research
The Office of Graduate Research (OGR) is dedicated to enhancing the national and international reputation, impact engagement and overall success of graduate researchers and graduate research at Flinders University.
The OGR's focus is to provide leadership, support research integrity, ensure quality and excellence, formulate strategy, provide representation and advocacy, encourage a positive student experience, develop researchers and foster employability, promote expansive research dissemination and to ensure our HDR students connect and collaborate with diverse organisations, institutions and industry partners.
The team of experienced professionals provide support, expertise and guidance for prospective and enrolled HDR students, HDR supervisors and Colleges through each stage of candidature and professional development.
About the Role
An exciting and rewarding opportunity exists within the Office of Graduate Research team for a Higher Degree Research (HDR) Progressions and Variations Officer. The HDR Progressions and Variations Officer plays an important role in supporting a diverse cohort of students throughout the lifecycle of their degree and is responsible for resolving student matters in order to provide a clear pathway for completion of their degrees.
The HDR Progressions and Variations Officer is also responsible for:
- Delivering comprehensive, timely and high-quality services to HDR students, academic and professional staff for all candidature variations and candidature progression, including managing variations to resolution within University policies and procedures.
- Providing informed, accurate and timely advice to HDR students and Flinders University staff relating to candidature variations, candidature progression, academic supervision, completion processes and thesis submission.
- Maintaining accurate academic records for HDR students.
- Working collaboratively with Office of Graduate Research and College staff by providing support for HDR student variations, such as: change of status; intermission; extension; change of supervisor; and withdrawal.
- Providing case management support to current and prospective HDR students and supervisors and collaborating with colleagues to resolve issues relating to HDR administrative matters.
- Preparing report data and information relating to commencements, progressions, completions and other HDR activities, to inform decisions for the University and Colleges about HDR students.
A comprehensive list of responsibilities is available on page 2 of the position description.
As the successful candidate you will utilise your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to interpret, apply and provide advice on complex policies, procedures, and guidelines. You will demonstrate a strong attention to detail with the ability to deliver high standard of work whilst managing competing demands.
You will also demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification/s or a comprehensive relevant experience in the higher education sector and/or education/training.
- Proficiency in working with a complex database such as a student management information system.
- Experience and/or a demonstrated understanding of the current issues impacting on the higher education sector.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of people, both internal and external to the University.
- A commitment to continuous business process improvement, including the ability to implement initiatives to evaluate business systems, processes and procedure, and generating solutions.
- Prior experience working within a HDR student support role will be highly regarded.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services , gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit a Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Professor Timothy Cavagnaro .
- Please see here for our Reconciliation Action Plan .
- Please see here for our Indigenous Workforce Strategy .
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
National Police Certificate - Australian Federal Police
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
03 Sept 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Number of offers available
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Postal Code
- Bedford Park
Where to apply
Senior Lecturer In Remote Health Practice (Allied Health), Flinders University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Position Details Fixed Term Until December 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level C | $129,818 - $149,331 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Position Description Flinders Rural and Remo...
Project Manager, University of Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Full time, fixed term till 31 March 2024 Opportunity to project manage and support HDR (higher degree by research) student recruitment Base Salary $117,116 - $132,079K + 17% superannuation About t...
Lecturer In Indigenous Knowledges And Culture (Identified), Flinders University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Position Details 2 Fixed Term Positions: 1 Until December 2024 & 1 Until November 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level B | $106,403 - $125,917 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Posit...
Senior Hdr Experience Officer Adelaide Graduate Research School, University of Adelaide, Australia, 12 days ago
Job no:512755 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Technical, Laboratory and Research Support, Administration, HEO7, Adelaide Graduate Research School (HE07) $95,017 - $106,...
Expressions Of Interest: School Of Pharmacy Casual Academics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 1 day ago
About This Opportunity The School of Pharmacy are seeking casual academic staff for Semester 1, 2024. Casual Academic staff provide a rich and important contribution to the University’s academic,...
Research Candidature Officer Adelaide Graduate Research School, University of Adelaide, Australia, 13 days ago
Job no:513062 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Technical, Laboratory and Research Support, Administration, HEO5, Adelaide Graduate Research School (HE05) $77,409 - $86,0...