- Based in Research and Innovation Services
- Full-time fixed term contract until 31 December 2024
- Commencement Salary: $84,539 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
As a Grant Application Support Officer, you will support academic researchers in the development and submission of high quality and competitive research grant and, fellowship applications, and ensure that these comply with granting body requirements. You will work in close partnership with colleagues in Research and Innovation Services (RIS) and other University staff in the development and implementation of systems and initiatives to support researchers, and to improve the quality and competitiveness, and ensure compliance, of applications to a range of funding schemes.
The position will initially be based at the Mawson Lakes Campus and will then relocate to the City West Campus in January 2023.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
Research and Innovation Services (RIS) supports the Deputy Vice Chancellor: Research and Enterprise to realise strategic and operational initiatives. This is achieved by positioning UniSA to be responsive to the changing local, national and international environment and the delivery of high quality, effective support services to researchers and decision makers.
Areas of research service activity span research grant development, negotiation and management of research contracts, post award administration and management of research infrastructure, research integrity, research ethics and compliance, and implementing strategic initiatives to improve the quality of researcher training and development to support capacity and capability development in research.
- Provide sound and timely advice in the preparation, development, and submission of competitive research grant and fellowship applications
- Provide accurate interpretation of, and advice in relation to, grant guidelines and funding scheme instructions
- Establish strong partnerships to ensure an effective and harmonised grant preparation, compliance review and submission process across the University
- Provide an overview of key research funding opportunities and use this information to help develop a targeted approach based upon the unique requirements and expertise of individual researchers or research groups
- Work within the team of Grant Application Support Officers, and the Research Projects Development Team, to support researcher development and improve the quality of applications
Essential Skills and Experience
- Understanding of the Australian Higher Education sector, especially University based research, the national research priorities, the role of the major funding agencies and Government policy on science and research
- Experience providing a range of research support activities such as sourcing relevant funding opportunities, providing advice and support on funding requirements, research policy formulation and research trends
- Experience delivering professional, client focused services in a complex and matrix organisation structure
- An ability to review and interpret grant funding rules or policy documents and to communicate detailed and often complex information to a wide range of stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail when working at pace, and well-developed editing and numeracy sills for QA/QC of grant applications
Getting a great job working with the
best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety
of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description
and to apply, please visit Working
at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific
selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4354.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 25 September 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to view the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Lecturer, Electrical Engineering (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
Based in UniSA Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 8 December 2023 Commencement Salary: $104,838 per annum (plus 17% sup...
Lecturer In Medical Sonography, Academic Level A/B, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
Based in the UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Unit at the City East campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 20 November 2025 Commencement Salary: $93,165 (Level A) or $104,838 (Level ...
Associate Professor (Research) And Deputy Head Of Department, Psychiatry , Monash University, Australia ;, Australia, 5 days ago
Location: 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne Employment Type: Part-time (0.5) - Full-time (1.0) Duration: 5-year fixed-term appointment Remuneration: Pro-rata of $158,284 - $174,373 pa Level D (plus 17%...
Director Poche Sa+Nt, Flinders University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Available for 5 years | Full-Time Academic Level D | 148,986 – 163,910 p.a. or Academic Level E | $191,274 p.a. Location: Flinders University Campuses, negotiable SA or NT View Po...
Ref 5590/22 Clinical Placements Officer, School Of Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $60,402 to $64,767 pro rata rates Part-Time (0.6 FTE), Ongoing position About Western Ranked amongst the top two per cent of universities in the world, We...
Senior Project Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Newly created opportunity for a Senior Project Officer with research grants experience Full time, fixed term 12 months, with possibility of renewal $100,032 – 108,979 Base + 17% Superannuation Abo...