Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers, Australian Citizen, International Student, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
La Trobe University is offering a large number of graduate research scholarships for applicants who wish to select a topic of research. Our scholarships are available for doctoral or masters research across all areas of research at La Trobe.
Applications are open to Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian Permanent Residents, and International applicants. Applications for this scholarship are now open and close on 30 September for international applicants and 31 October for domestic applicants.
Successful applicants for this round must be able to commence at any time between 1 February and 1 July 2023.
These scholarships are competitively awarded to applicants with research experience and selection is based on academic merit and consideration of targeted areas of research strength at the University.
We encourage Ukrainian citizens who have been displaced by the conflict and who hold an Australian visa to apply for this scholarship.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a Research Training Program (RTP) or La Trobe Graduate Research Scholarship (LTGRS) stipend for up to three and a half (3.5) years for a doctoral degree or 22 months for a Masters by research degree, with a value of $32,500 per annum (2022 rate)
- a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset scholarship or La Trobe Full Fee Research scholarship (LTUFFRS) for up to four years for a doctoral degree or two years for a Masters by research
- relocation allowance and thesis/publication allowance
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- for doctoral applicants, have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
- for masters applicants, have attained the equivalent of at least a high honours H1 grade degree at an Australian university or equivalent from a recognised overseas university
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, review the scholarship eligibility requirements above and then follow the steps given on our How to apply page for your proposed course.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, Admissions.GRS@latrobe.edu.au
In2science Coordinator, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Crucial coordinator role at Swinburne University Part time, fixed term position to January 2024, at our Hawthorn campus HEW 6 salary + 17% superannuation About the Role An exciting opportunity has...
Emerging Technologies Research Lab – Join Us!, Monash University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Emerging Technologies Research Lab – Join us! PhD Scholarship – Digital Energy Futures Job no.: 641482 Location: Caulfield campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3-year and 3-month fixed-term...
Chris Wardlaw Psm Oly Leaders Scholarship , Monash University, Australia, 1 day ago
Chris Wardlaw PSM OLY Leaders Scholarship Monash Leaders Scholarship The Chris Wardlaw PSM OLY Leaders Scholarship be introduced to support financially disadvantaged students undertaking single or...
Dr Herbert Gibson Rural Heath Scholarship , Monash University, Australia, 1 day ago
Dr Herbert Gibson Rural Heath Scholarship This scholarship was created in memory of Dr Herbert Gibson, who studied medicine at Monash University and went on to become an influential figure in medi...
Diagnostics Translation Research Scientist, CSIRO, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and/or temporary residents currently residing in Australia (sponsorship may be ...
Associate Lecturer/Lecturer (Ecdf), Civil And Infrastructure Engineering, RMIT University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Overview: An opportunity now exists to join RMIT's School of Science and contribute to the teaching and research efforts within the Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Full-time, fixed term (3 ye...