2 Nov 2023
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Research Field
Ethics in health sciences
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
14 Nov 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
UWA Medical School
- Be a part of a team working in primary care to improve outcomes for Australians at risk of developing liver disease
- Level 5 / Full-time / 12 month fixed term basis with an opportunity for extension
- Base salary range: $76,422 – $84,705 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Liver Research Group with the Medical School of the University of Western Australia, is an internationally renowned team whose aim is to improve the health of patients with chronic liver disease. A particular focus of the group is the development of novel diagnostic technologies and strategies for cirrhosis and primary liver cancer and to implement them into clinical care. This team is working collaboratively with researchers across Australia with the aim of improving outcomes for Australians at risk of developing liver disease.
The IDEAL Care Trial is a multi-state randomised clinical trial led by Professor Leon Adams, at the University of Western Australia and Professor Jon Emery (Director, Primary Care Collaborative Cancer Clinical Trials Group, University of Melbourne). The trial is testing new approaches to identify liver disease earlier in primary care.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, work as an integral part of the IDEAL Care trial team to drive the daily operation of this clinical trial, within Perth and Western Australia. You will be responsible for the recruitment and ongoing engagement of general practices across Western Australia. You will also undertake other administrative duties as required and will report to the National Manager.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
A tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience and/or education and training, in nursing, science, health science, or related discipline
- Clinical research experience including recruitment and follow up of participants within a health care setting (ideally primary health care)
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and constructively solve problems with a degree of autonomy and accountability
- Highly developed organisational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage competing demands
- Proficiency in accurate recording keeping and analysis of data generated from research
- Experience with delivery of care, or experience navigating complex health processes for people living with chronic disease or vulnerable populations in primary health care settings is desirable.
- Current clinical practising certification would be highly regarded (if relevant).
Note: A current Driver’s License and own vehicle will be required for this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Graduate Research Assistant - 514915.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday, 14 November 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Leon Adams at [email protected]
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at [email protected] with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
- Number of offers available
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Postal Code
Where to apply
Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 13 days ago
Manager UWA - WA Centre for Health and Ageing We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager to join our vibrant team at Dementia Training Australia Level 8, part-time 0.8 FTE on a 14 ...
Casual Dental Clinic Assistants, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 21 days ago
Job no:516734 Work type:casual Location:Crawley Categories:Technical/Laboratory support Casual Dental Clinic Assistants (516734) UWA Dental School The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia Seeki...
Lecturer (Coastal Engineering), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 23 days ago
Work within the multidisciplinary UWA oceans team to find solutions for the critical issues facing our oceans, coasts and estuaries. Level B, full-time tenurable appointment Base salary range: $10...
Testing Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 2 days ago
Job no:516827 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Unlock your potential under the mentorship of experienced professionals. Level 6, full-time appointment on a 12...
Senior Lecturer (Physical Oceanography), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 23 days ago
Work within the multidisciplinary UWA oceans team to find solutions for the critical issues facing our oceans, coasts and estuaries Level C, full-time tenurable appointment Base salary range: $132...
Lead General Practitioner, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Job no:516661 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services World top 100 University. Senior staff appointment on a part-time (0.6-0.8 FTE), three-year ...