Graduate Research Assistant
UWA Medical School
- Be a part of a team working in primary care to improve outcomes for Australians at risk of developing liver disease
- Level 5 / Full-time / 12 month fixed term basis with an opportunity for extension
- Base salary range: $76,422 – $84,705 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Liver Research Group with the Medical School of the University of Western Australia, is an internationally renowned team whose aim is to improve the health of patients with chronic liver disease. A particular focus of the group is the development of novel diagnostic technologies and strategies for cirrhosis and primary liver cancer and to implement them into clinical care. This team is working collaboratively with researchers across Australia with the aim of improving outcomes for Australians at risk of developing liver disease.
The IDEAL Care Trial is a multi-state randomised clinical trial led by Professor Leon Adams, at the University of Western Australia and Professor Jon Emery (Director, Primary Care Collaborative Cancer Clinical Trials Group, University of Melbourne). The trial is testing new approaches to identify liver disease earlier in primary care.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, work as an integral part of the IDEAL Care trial team to drive the daily operation of this clinical trial, within Perth and Western Australia. You will be responsible for the recruitment and ongoing engagement of general practices across Western Australia. You will also undertake other administrative duties as required and will report to the National Manager.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
A tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience and/or education and training, in nursing, science, health science, or related discipline
- Clinical research experience including recruitment and follow up of participants within a health care setting (ideally primary health care)
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and constructively solve problems with a degree of autonomy and accountability
- Highly developed organisational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage competing demands
- Proficiency in accurate recording keeping and analysis of data generated from research
- Experience with delivery of care, or experience navigating complex health processes for people living with chronic disease or vulnerable populations in primary health care settings is desirable.
- Current clinical practising certification would be highly regarded (if relevant).
Note: A current Driver’s License and own vehicle will be required for this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Graduate Research Assistant - 514915.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday, 14 November 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Leon Adams at [email protected]
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at [email protected] with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:01 Nov 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:14 Nov 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Workshop Technical Assistant / Instructor, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 12 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Research Associate (Astrophotonics), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 3 days ago
23 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Countr...
Research Officer Dietitian, Curtin University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job Reference: 1181406 Your new role The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team working on an innovative primary health care research study addressing gaps in the delivery o...
Public Art Program Manager, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
$127,851 to $133,704 pa (HEW9) Fixed Term, Full time, Joondalup, Mount Lawley and City Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights CITY CAMPUS OPERATIONS PROGRAM $127,851 to $133,704 pa PL...
Gallery Education Program Coordinator, Curtin University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job Reference: 1176903 John Curtin Gallery The John Curtin Gallery is one of Western Australia's major public art galleries and one of the largest and best-equipped university galleries in the cou...
Communications & Marketing Coordinator, Curtin University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job Reference: 1184139CURTIN FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND LAW Over 13,000 students from more than 140 countries are studying undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Curtin Business School and Curtin ...