Apply now Job no:531345
Location:Melbourne - Burwood
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time and fixed term for 2 years
- HEW 4 $68,422 - $72,527 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The main focus of the Graduate Accountant will be to provide operational support to the team, whilst providing accounting support and seeking to drive efficiencies through continuous improvement.
This role will support the Financial Reporting Manager with the delivery of annual statutory reporting and audit for the University, and support the Finance Services and Support team with general ledger queries and functions. The role will also prepare nominated University Balance Sheet accounts ensuring that they are in accordance with accounting disciplines, policies and procedures ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements, and contribute to a range of management and financial reports.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collect and analyse information and data from a variety of appropriate sources to solve work problems
- Understand local processes, prepare standard documents, manage records, regularly track progress of work tasks and identify key issues
- Deliver effective and efficient outcomes and outputs against team and operational work plans
- Recognise the importance of teamwork and of effective communication amongst team members and build rapport within immediate team in ways that are respectful and inclusive of others
- Clarify expectations and respond promptly to client requests, queries, or complaints to ensure client needs are met to agreed standards and timelines
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or similar field
- An equivalent combination of relevant skills, relevant work experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively as a member of a team and in working independently, applying judgement and initiative in an accounting or financial environment
- A high level of computer literacy skills and ability to adapt to changing environments and systems
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Graduate Accountant (University Financials) HEW 4 FINAL_PD.pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday 26th March
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Arsalan Adusheev (Financial Reporting Manager) on 03 9244 5164
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Professor, School Of Nursing And Midwifery, DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 10 days ago
25 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company DEAKIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Application D...
Lecturer In Counselling, DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 30 days ago
5 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company DEAKIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Psychological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia ...
Associate Lecturer, Early Childhood Education, DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 23 days ago
12 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company DEAKIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia A...
Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor, Economics, DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 11 days ago
24 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company DEAKIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Australia Application Deadline 31 Jul 2023 - 00:00...
Manager, Operations, Victoria University, Australia, 4 days ago
Job Description This is a HEP 9, $119,295 to $124,115 + 15% loading + 17% superannuation, continuing, full time position. Join the University of Opportunity Lead a highly motivated and enthusiasti...
Finance Officer, Accounts Payable, RMIT University, Australia, 16 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until November 2023 Salary Level HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About the role Finance Officer A...