Work type:Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories:Research, Science, Education
- RMIT City Campus
- Academic Level A/B + 17% Super
- Full-Time, Fixed term to October 2021
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
About the College/ Role
The School of Science is one of RMIT's top-performing research schools, we deliver research that addresses the 'real life questions' essential to Australia's innovation agenda.
The teaching programs of the Computer Science disciplines cover a wide array of pertinent areas including programming languages and methodology, software engineering, computer architecture, systems analysis and design, theory of computation, database systems, games and graphics, artificial intelligence, data communications and networks, operating systems, web-based computing, search engines, and computer and network security. Research strengths of the Computer Science disciplines include Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Distributed Systems and Internet of Things, Machine Learning, and Computer Science Education.
As a Game and Simulation Research Programmer you will:
Support the research aims of the Collaborative project between RMIT and Rheinmetall Defence Australia titled “Autonomous Combat Warrior Program”. This a very exciting and fast-paced project to be a part of.
The research aims are twofold: developing a physically accurate, virtual environment, able to simulate the function and performance of RDA’s autonomous vehicles and related systems, in a range of environmental terrains and variable tactical military scenarios, and the testing, training and evaluating of them.
In this role, you will contribute to the development of research prototypes and preparation of research and development papers for publication. You will engage with and supervise students at various levels whilst keeping abreast of international research trends and outcomes that make significant contributions to the advancement of games and simulation.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated Industry or research experience in the games and/or simulation field, particularly using industry grade tools (e.g., Unity, Unreal or AirSim)
- Strong software engineering experience applied to games and simulation tools, including mastering key programming languages (e.g., C/C++, C#), and an ability to work in teams using collaboration tools
- Industry or research experience in building UI/UX for games and simulation tools
- Industry or research experience in Procedural Content Generation algorithms for computer games
- Industry experience with a minimum of 3 years is highly desirable.
- A PhD is not mandatory for appointment at Level A. However, it is required for a Level B appointment.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity . When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We’re proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We are ranked #1 in the world for our efforts to reduce inequality in the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2020.
- RMIT University is placed 10th in overall Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2020, rocketing up from 82nd place in 2019.
- We placed 11th in the 2019 Talent Board APAC Candidate Experience Awards.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa – a “commitment to share” - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest in this role. Candidates are requested to separately address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. For enquires about this role, you may contact Associate Professor Fabio Zambetta at email@example.com
19 03 GameSimulation-ResProgrammer PD.pdf
We are also happy to make adjustments to the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us via your preferred type of communication: email TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au or call Kassie on +61399252442 with your request(s).
Applications close Monday, 8th June 2020.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Research Director, Mineral Processing, CSIRO, Australia, about 10 hours ago
The Opportunity Lead CSIRO’s world class Mineral Processing Research Program Deliver innovative and cutting-edge science to a dramatically changing industry Lead engagement and collaborative partn...
Software Engineer, CSIRO, Australia, 6 days ago
The Opportunity Develop software solutions to tackle issues of clinical and other health data. Support Australian and international e-Health programmes. Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & ...
Mechanical Engineer, CSIRO, Australia, 1 day ago
Facilities Manager, Industry 4.0 Testlab, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Exciting partnership between Swinburne University and CSIRO Full time, 5 year fixed term position HEW 9 + 17% superannuation Come join Swinburne University in partnership with CSIRO as our new Fac...
General Manager, Swinburne Professional And Major Projects, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 19 days ago
Fantastic strategic leadership opportunity Promote growth and profitable outcomes within Swinburne Professional and Major Projects Full time, Fixed Term Contract (up to 5 years), based at our Hawt...
Mnf Voyage Delivery Coordinator, CSIRO, Australia, 7 days ago
The Opportunity Are you highly organised and process driven with an eye for quality control? Do you have superior communication and collaboration skills? Add value with your sea going experiences ...