Work type:Continuing - Full-time
Categories:Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences, Level C
(Level B) $96,135 - $113,788 or (Level C) $117,310 - $134,966 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply.
Opportunity to obtain a continuing position in the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences offering a flexible working environment
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Electrical Engineer with current research interests and expertise in electric power systems to join us in a teaching and research academic position at Level B or C (depending on experience).
Flexible working opportunities are available for the successful candidate.
To be successful you will need:
Essential Criteria B & C
- A PhD or recognised significant experience in electrical engineering or a closely related discipline
- Current research expertise in electric power systems, relevant to the transition to an electric power system based mainly on intermittent renewable sources
- A strong power engineering publication record (relative to opportunity) in high quality international peer-reviewed journals
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A high degree of organizational skills and the ability to effectively fulfil administrative tasks
- Ability to work collegially with other staff in a university environment
Level B Essential Criteria
- Teaching Experience (or potential) to teach in power engineering, demonstrating both commitment in power engineering, demonstrating both commitment and success in effective and inspirational participation in coursework teaching and research supervision.
- Demonstrated ability (or potential) to successfully attract viable grant funding and industry funding in the field of power engineering and success in effective and inspirational participation in coursework.
Level C Essential Criteria
- Teaching experience in power engineering, demonstrating both commitment and success in effective and inspirational participation in coursework teaching and research supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully attract viable grant funding and industry funding in the field of power engineering and success in effective and inspirational participation in coursework.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And out work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity, We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science - including machine learning - and high-level mathematics. Many of its academic staff are work leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
Learn more at: ecms.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Application close 11.55pm, pm (ACST), 27 January 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Dr Wen Soong
Head of School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
P: +61 (8) 8313 4117
You'll find a full position description and/or selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
This position has been re-advertised. Previous applicants need not apply.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now
Ref 1842/19 Technical Support Officer (Engineering & Industrial Design), University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Kingswood Campus Remuneration: $82,683 to $93,648 p.a. Full-time, Fixed-term role till May 2020, The Office of Technical Support Services is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Engin...
Senior Administrator: Library Information Systems (Heo 7), University of South Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
About the Job With five campus libraries and a growing research collection with over 700,000 eBooks and online journals as well as print resources and archival collections the University of South ...
Agent Service Officer, Flinders University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Apply now Job no:497085 Work type:Full time Location:Bedford Park Categories:HEO6, Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) Classification: Higher Education Officer Level 6 Salary Range: ...
Software Engineer, Federation University Australia, Australia, 24 days ago
Job no:849188 Location:SMB Campus Categories:Professional/General School/Area: Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor R&I Research and Innovation – SMB Campus Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 1...
Information Technologist: Developer (Heo 5 & Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Based in Information Strategy & Technology Services at Mawson Lakes campus 2x Full-time, continuing positions Develop your IT experience with UniSA’s enterprising ISTS team About the Job As the In...
Aboriginal Project Officer (Heo 5), University of South Australia, Australia, 20 days ago
Contribute to the development and implementation of the evaluation framework to understand the effectiveness of the Aboriginal Aftercare Service Part-time (0.6FTE), one (1) year fixed term contrac...