Work type:Fixed term - Full-time
Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level A, Level B, Level C
(Level A) $68,912 to $92,796 / (Level B) $97,577 to $115,495 / (Level C) $119,070 to $136,990 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply
Multiple full-time, fixed term Associate Lecturer (Level A), Lecturer (Level B) and Senior Lecturer (Level C) roles available
Positions will be fixed term for three (3) years with a possibility of extension subject to funding availability and performance
Help to shape the future in Allied Health in the area of Speech Pathology
Working with internationally recognised, Director of Allied Health, Professor Rachel Gibson, you will help to establish new Allied Health Programs within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences that will cater to the specific needs of the global community today and well into the future.
Bring your enthusiasm, creativity and experience to assist in developing successful future programs in Allied Health, as part of this newly formed team.
To be successful you will need:
Associate Lecturer - Level A
- Completed at least 4 years study in a relevant discipline or have equivalent qualifications and professional experience
- Skills and experience in teaching, conducting tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations or workshops
- Demonstrated interest of research in a related field
- The ability to effectively consult, mentor or supervise students
- Ability to mark and assess effectively and to provide support to students by delivering appropriate feedback
Lecturer - Level B, in addition to the above you will also need:
- Completion of an honours degree, higher qualifications or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions and clinical sessions
- Experience in innovative teaching methods and curriculum development
- Strong research interests with demonstrated ability for cross-disciplinary research and collaboration
- Demonstrated expertise and the ability to deliver evidence-based practice in a relevant discipline area
Senior Lecturer - Level C, in addition to the above you will also need:
- Doctorial or master degree relevant to Allied Health Discipline or equivalent experience, accreditation and professional standing and eligibility for AHPRA registration
- A record of academic achievement of national standing through significant contributions, including academic leadership, to the scholarship of teaching, research, innovation or professional activity
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary practices gained through industry experience and/or scholarly activities or similar, including practice in rural and regional areas
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in the delivery of high quality course and subject design, and in the delivery of high quality student centred learning and teaching at an undergraduate level, that includes the capacity to incorporate new technologies and new approaches to teaching and learning
- The ability to lead and build effective relationships and partnerships in an academic setting
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of five schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; nurses; psychiatrists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to the selection criteria, indicating in your cover letter which level you are applying for. Applications close 11:55pm, 8 September 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor Rachel Gibson
Director, Allied Health, Health and Medical Sciences
For application related queries, contact:
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences HR Team
P: +61 (8) 8313 8171
You'll find a full position description below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now
Executive Officer: Australian Council Of Deans Of Health Sciences (Heo 7), University of South Australia, Australia, about 16 hours ago
About the Job We have an exciting new opportunity for an individual to work directly with the Australian Council of Deans of Health Sciences (ACDHS) through the Chair, who is the Dean: Academic an...
Associate Professor / Professor, Teaching And Research, Audiology, Flinders University, Australia, 20 days ago
Apply now Job no:497157 Work type:Full time Location:Bedford Park Categories:Level D, Level E, College of Nursing and Health Sciences Classification: Academic Level D / E Salary Range: Lev D: $141...
Manager: Talent And Organisational Development, University of South Australia, Australia, 13 days ago
Rare Adelaide based OD leadership role with a significant enterprise Permanent part-time or full-time (0.8-1.0 FTE flexibility) HEO9 salary range $115,912-$119,914 (plus 17% super) Join the UniSA ...
Accountant (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, 13 days ago
Divisional Accountant role based at Magill Campus Full-time (negotiable 0.8-0.9FTE) - Fixed term 12 month contract (to 30 September 2020) Salary range: $79,054 - $87,067 plus super About the Job W...
Accountant (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Divisional Accountant role based at Magill Campus Full-time (negotiable 0.8-0.9FTE) - Fixed term 12 month contract (to 30 September 2020) Salary range: $79,054 - $87,067 (plus super) About the Job...
Executive Project Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 20 days ago
Apply now Job no:497160 Work type:Full time Location:Bedford Park Categories:HEO7, Corporate Services - College Services Classification: Higher Education Officer Level 7 Salary Range: $85,370 to $...