- Level 9, full-time appointment on an ongoing basis
- Base salary range: $119,390.00 – $126,335.00 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The role of Finance is to support the appropriate stewardship of the University’s finance through the provision of a strategic financial advice, establishment of a financial management framework, financial management tools, procurement, management of the University’s Investment and Endowment portfolio, as well as financial oversight and accountability for finance and human resources administrative and transactional operations.
Finance undertakes this role through three core pillars: Financial Compliance, Financial Performance and Procurement.
In undertaking this role, Finance operates support across the University, from advising the Vice-Chancellery, Executive and Senior leadership team on strategy and performance to supporting staff and students in their purchases and travel arrangements.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under broad direction, be responsible for Enterprise level reporting and analytics services as well as standardised reporting and analytics templates and standardised financial models (such as those to support business cases, profitability comparisons, and resource allocation).
You will manage a team that is responsible for the delivery of internal and external management reporting and other ad-hoc reports or analytics required by the University Executive, Governing Committees including acquittal of funding arrangements.
You will also be responsible for supporting activities associated with continuous improvement, such as the University financial modelling, data analytics and reporting capabilities and process improvement initiatives.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A degree or other tertiary qualification, with over 5 years of experience in financial performance management or related disciplines
- Full professional member of a recognized Australian or International equivalent accounting body
- Substantial experience in financial management reporting, data analytics and Executive and governance reporting, including automation of reports
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into insights for use in informing customer decision making delivery
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with successful record of addressing identified problems/issues with practical solutions and outcomes
- Substantial experience of successful leadership of people in the workplace and including building productive and cooperative teams creating effective communication and consultation processes
- Highly developed project management skills with strong attention to detail
Note: A current National Police Clearance Certificate is a requirement of this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Manager (Reporting & Analytics) 514380.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Monday, 15 May 2023
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:01 May 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:15 May 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Senior Research Engineer (Ska), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 24 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...
Lecturer Political Science And Public Policy, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 23 days ago
7 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Political sciences Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Australia Application Deadl...
Aus Src Senior Project Scientist, Curtin University, Australia, 3 days ago
AusSRC Senior Project Scientist The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy is seeking to appoint the Senior Project Scientist for the Australian SKA Regional Centre. Continuing contract, full time (p...
Senior Project Scientist, Curtin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
About us The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy (CIRA) is a multi-disciplinary research institute engaged in a range of projects involving or motivated by radio astronomy. CIRA’s activities draw ...
Lecturer In Applied Statistics, Curtin University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Job Reference: 1099002 School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences (EECMS) The School of Electrical Engineering, Computing, and Mathematical Sciences (EECMS) combines com...
Senior Lecturer Journalism, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
$128,880 to $148,089 p.a (ALEVC) Ongoing, Full Time, Mount Lawley Campus and City Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights $128,880 to $148,089 pa (Level C) + 17% superannuation Ongoing...